Intro Rocky - An Introduction

Rocky

Mi Corporal
MI.Net Member
Greetings Brother & Sisters, my name is Rocky. I will tell you a little about who I am, where I've been as a warrior, and what I do now.

Firstly, I am a Vietnam Vet having served with the 173rd Airborne Brigade (Sep) and Charlie Co. 75th Airborne Rangers in Vietnam from 1967-70. Leaving Nam, via Medivac, in 1970 I was assigned as a Jump Instrustor at the Tower Committee, Ft Benning. GA. I got out of service in 1975.

I am one of six men in my platoon to survive the Battle of Hill 875, Nov. 1967, which, in addition to other traumas, lead to my being rated at 100% disabled for PTSD.

Today I assists other veterans in the filing of VA Claim for disability, specializing in claims for PTSD, mostly appeals. I am the VA Rep. for both the Charlie Co. 75th Ranger Assoc. and Chapter XVII of the 173rd Airborne Brigade Society and do VA Claims under the authority of Title 38 USC to file claims under the Next of Friend clause for any veteran, in any state needs assistance on an appeal.

I serve as the Moderator of the Veterans Issues Forum on ArmyParatroopers.org, as well as serve as moderator of a private, Charlie Rangers PTSD Board.

I would like to join the PTSD Forum on this site and impart any information that may help anyone regarding PTSD issues, or any other issues, that I may have. I wish to gain from the insights of others, as we each, I feel, have information that will be helpful to someone, insights that come from our own unique experience with the VA. Shared, I believe we can all help each other understand and learn how to get what we have earned from the VA.

Well, this is who I am, where I been and what I do now. I hope it gives you some insights as to who I am and where I am coming from. I look forward to meeting you all on these forums. sal;

Welcome Rocky.

I believe this part of our site to be one of the most important areas and I am glad of any assistamce you may be able to offer with regard to this very important issue. If you have time in your busy schedule of moderation, perhaps you could moderate this one too, although I doubt you will have much to moderate as all our current members behave themselves very well indeed.

Thanks for joining us and as I have heard our American Comrades say so many times " Thankyou for your service " then and now (Y)

Thanks for the welcome brother! I wil gladly passon information regarding PTSD on this site as well as I do on the others I am associated with, as I too, feel this is a very important issue for all veterans, and one not enough support and assistance is given too. I stay abreast of issue involving PTSD specifically and will gladly pass that along here on this forum. I hope that it will serve to be of some help to some one. Again, thanks for the welcome brother!

Welcome again Rocky.

Rocky, welc. to the website. I can tell already that you will be a great asset here.

trying to catch up to old friends

hi. rocky, i was there with you on hill 875..i am one the 6th that made in off the hill. I still have nightmares of those 3 plus days we were there.i have been trying to get a hole of you for a long time, right now i am going to the va for ptsd but they think it is something else. they are treating me for anxiety attacks i know this had nothing to do of what your saying but i really need to make contact with you we were very close friends over there just to make contact will make alot deferance

al undiemi / b co. 4th plt.
warvet1968@hotmail.com

hi. rocky, i was there with you on hill 875..i am one the 6th that made in off the hill. I still have nightmares of those 3 plus days we were there.i have been trying to get a hole of you for a long time, right now i am going to the va for ptsd but they think it is something else. they are treating me for anxiety attacks i know this had nothing to do of what your saying but i really need to make contact with you we were very close friends over there just to make contact will make alot deferance

al undiemi / b co. 4th plt.
warvet1968@hotmail.com

Al I too have been looking for you as I stated in a email to you yesterday but now I see the email address I had from your first post is not the same as the one shown here so will write you again to this email address. Not only will it be great to talk to you again but I just happen to do VA Disability Claims (any state) and specialize in PTSD claims, have been doing it for about 14 years, so I can help you. Will tell you more in regular email. I am sure glad we found each other again!

welc.ship; Rocky, Glad to see your comrade in arms was able to find you. I to suffered/suffering from PTSD from my tour in Rwanda 94-95. Looking forward to your input to the PTSD Forum. Bravo Zulu on the new arrival.

Cheers, Bob sal;