1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Site help Request Help - Uploading Pics

Discussion in 'Site Help' started by nsah, Oct 17, 2009.

1. nsah

nsah Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

Hi, I'm new here. How to upload pictures from my PC?
    nsah

2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Welcome to MI.Net

You can upload your images going to the media page HERE click 'Add Media' choose a category and upload away.

You can also add pictures to your posts by clicking the upload a file button, once uploaded place your curspr where you want the image to be on your posts then either click thumbnail or full to insert it.

have a great day

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  3. nsah

nsah Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

Thank you!
    nsah

Bombardier likes this.
  4. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

More about Uploading pics to the Media section

In an effort to assist with putting titles, description & tags on your uploaded pics in the media section, you now have the following facility.
    If you are like me when uploading pics you will have want to ensure that you have tagged all the images and the titles are correct. The system will automatically fill in the title from the file name so if you have a military photo titled DSC_0011 it will use that.

So how does this new system work

When you have uploaded your pics you will see them listed like the pic below (dont forget its a maximum of ten at a time)
    Look immediately top left of your first pic in the list and you will see a link that states "Set all titles,descriptions and tags

Click it then you will see the overlay on the second photo I have uploaded here.
    military info 1.jpg

So as you will see you can set all titles, descriptions and tags in one place. You might only want to set the tags and thats fine too.
    So click the one you want to set tyoe in the information and it will change the data on all the photos you are currently uploading

military info 2.jpg