Rant RAF Redundancy notices

Matzos

Mi Lieutenant
MI.Net Member
Please remember today; 30th September 2005, as the day when 4,500 members of the RAF will get their redundancy letters and I bet you will not see this on the news tonight!
I'm one of the lucky ones, I have to wait until Sept 06 to see if I'm being kick out.rbo; The main problem is that they are getting rid of the people but not the tasks undertaken by them, so the works there, but not the people to do it, it's just passed onto someone else to do.:mad:
When I joined the military in 1976 and there were over 100,000 in the RAF at that time, now you are looking at approx 41,000 by 2008. There's is even talk of going to 31,000 at some time in the future.
Well it maybe time to hang up my camera and get a honest job, I will have to see next year.

Well that's my rant out the way. Back to work, Oh look another task to do, Thank you Sir! (Not)

Barstewards rbo;
Cuts Cuts Cuts, yet more and more deployments overseas ?
How the Feck do they think they will staff all the commitments we have ?

Anyways buddy I hope you dont have to hang your camera up and that all works out fine for ya.

I left the army in 1994 during the phase three redundancy package. It all worked out fairly well for me, and im sure it will for you if and when the time comes :)

Thanks for the kind words mate, I sal; those who will be leaving soon.

You're right Matzos, haven't seen or heard a thing about it on TV or radio. I could be cynical, but could it be that they're getting rid of the longer service-higher pay scale people, to bring in and train new ones cheaper? Terrible way to treat service personnel and what a waste of skills and experience. The bean counters certainly seem to rule nowadays.
Anyway, hope it works out for you, mate.

I have not herd anythinng on T.V. about this

Back