1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

GMW Prime Portal

Discussion in 'Good Military Websites' started by ENGINEER, Jul 16, 2017.

1. ENGINEER Russian Federation

ENGINEER Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

I like this site a lot. Well worth a mention.

Welcome to Prime Portal! This site is constantly evolving, and as time permits new features will be added to the site. New content will be added most days. Enjoy your visit and check back often!
    Prime Portal may not be the most band-width friendly site, but you will have a hard time finding a more complete military photo collection on the internet. This site hosts a huge collection of photos taken by photographers from all around the world. Most of the photos are high resolution, so detail abounds. Sit back, pick your favorite topic and enjoy!

http://www.primeportal.net/home.htm

ScreenShot461.jpg

Bombardier likes this.
  2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Yep been there a few times too, as you say it is well worth a mention, lots of great high resolution photos.

The only down fall I can see from my perspective is if I wanted to contact the donors of the images for usage permission, there is no way of doing so, we all know what happens then people use them anyway.

There doesn't seem to be any reference to usage rights provided by the donor so we have to assume that the images have been donated for sole use on Primeimages.

Asking the webmaster for permission to use an image will only result in him/her having to ask the owner for permission and that's potentially a lot of extra work, if he sees fit to do that at all.

Still that is the webby's choice I suppose

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017