"Karpacki" stand for Carpathians. On April 2, 1940, according to the verbal decision of General Sikorski, the formation of the "Carpathian" Riflemen Brigade began in Syria at the French military camp in Homs. Col. Stanisław Kopański was designated as commander. The resulting brigade was given the name Carpathian, because it was intended - as it was imagined at that time - to march to Poland through the Balkans and then through the Carpathians (and the Carpathians run through your country and through my country - that's where Polish troops retreated in 1939). The battalion took over the tradition of that unit and the branch created, which in the division of English troops won Monte Cassino.

In the 4th Training Aviation Wing, the instructors started flights on advanced training aircraft M-346, Poland, February 2018

3606.jpg
3607.jpg
3608.jpg
3609.jpg
3610.jpg
3611.jpg
3612.jpg
3613.jpg

Because outside the window I have -20'c ... some warm pictures.
Frigate ORP gen.K.Pułaski returned to the military port in Gdynia after participating in the TG-18 exercises. Gdynia, Poland, February 2018

10752.jpg
10753.jpg
10754.jpg
10755.jpg
10759.jpg
10762.jpg
10763.jpg

Frigate ORP gen.K.Pułaski returned to the military port in Gdynia after participating in the TG-18 exercises. Gdynia, Poland, February 2018

10764.jpg
10765.jpg
10768.jpg
10770.jpg
10772.jpg
fregata.jpg

Polish frigates ORP gen.K.Pułaski and ORP gen.T.Kościuszko are ex-american frigates Oliver Hazard Perry class.

Last edited:
Because outside the window I have -20'c

Jeez I thought the Siberian weather had come to us but it is nowhere near that cold here in the UK. Problem though is that we are not geared up for serious weather so the slightest bit of snow brings us to a halt trains, airports and mostly roads are all affected :).

Well, we are talking about global warming in Poland... We have not had such a really cold winter for a long time, only the last days have reminded us how it is when there is a bit of frost. I still remember "a little bit colder" winters, and I still ride a bicycle to work.
On the other hand - with us one of the national sayings is "winter has surprised roadmen (roadworkers?)" so this is also a problem for us.