Mil News Polish Armed Forces News

On September 5, on the eve of the XXX International Defense Industry Exhibition (MSPO) in Kielce (Poland), Minister of National Defense Mariusz Błaszczak approved the contract with Huta Stalowa Wola for the supply of 48 Krab self-propelled howitzers with accompanying vehicles as part of two Regina fire modules (DMO) for the Polish Army in 2025-2027.

Fb4N9VVWYAAXzKP.jpeg
305390661_477299781077288_2372444147091449217_n.jpg

The contract covers the delivery of: 48 Krab self-propelled howitzers, caliber 155 mm, 22 Command Vehicles for the commanders of fire and Command and Staff platoons for the squadron commander and his deputy, 12 Ammunition Cars and 2 Armaments and Electronics Repair Workshops on the chassis of a Jelcz truck. The contract also provides for a logistics and training package.

Fb4Yc6iXEAI2xh6.jpeg

^ Will they pay for it with the 1.3 trillion, they are demanding from Germany for war reparations?

On September 12, the spokesman of the Armaments Agency published a tweet about the start of tests of new, prototype equipment and camouflage for the Polish armed forces. Tests of prototype uniforms, helmets and ballistic vests will begin this fall in units of the 18th Mechanized Division.

zelaznaa.gvsa.jpeg
zelazna.2g2x.jpeg
zelazna.44ah.jpeg
nowy-polski-mundur-1-1000x563.jpg
306763144_516699173791861_4923052334177607752_n.jpg

If I recall correctly, I think there has been dissatisfaction with the current uniforms and ballistic vests, so I hope this eventually addresses those shortcomings.

It seems like a small thing, but it is just as important as some of the big ticket - high visibility purchases and will surely improve morale.

Last edited:
FA-50 For Poland

I think this is a good acquisition for Poland and I will not be surprised if some of these aircraft find their way to Ukraine.

Regarding the 36 Block 20 aircraft, I think an important question to ask is whether they will be able to support the AIM-260 JATM as the AMRAAM will be on the way out, and these aircraft will far outlive any legacy missiles.

Poland - Apache Update

It seems likely that Poland will get some "interim" helos in order to transition to the Apache.

The sooner they start getting air frames, the quicker Poland can send the MI-24s to Ukraine. They will know what to do with them...

Poland's complete revamp of their approach to defence is startling to say the least.

The latest version of the 35mm OSU35K cannon will also be presented at this year's MSPO. The cannon will be mounted on ORP Albatros after the exhibition.

View attachment 403674View attachment 403675
I am surprised that there is so little discussion about this weapon being developed for implementation into the VSHORAD layer for the Polish Land Forces. Maybe there is more going on than I am aware of, but they seem to be sticking with 23MM so far.
This weapon opens up so much more potential, though at a cost, but that doesn't seem to be a problem these days.

Last edited:
I am surprised that there is so little discussion about this weapon being developed for implementation into the VSHORAD layer for the Polish Land Forces. Maybe there is more going on than I am aware of, but they seem to be sticking with 23MM so far.
This weapon opens up so much more potential, though at a cost, though that doesn't seem to be a problem these days.
The land version has already been developed (in 2 variants - A-35 and AG-35), unfortunately for unknown reasons there has been a silence about this program.

d9da68e8-6492-11eb-b352-ac1f6b7b40ce.jpeg
df2040fb-6492-11eb-b352-ac1f6b7b40ce.jpeg
ed759c24-8e88-11e7-9532-a5a4446a441a.jpeg
f3b382a9-8e88-11e7-9532-a5a4446a441a.jpeg

However, if we are talking about OSU 35K, a contract was signed for the delivery of the first 3 sets (for 601, 602 and 603 from the Kormoran II ship project)

The land version has already been developed (in 2 variants - A-35 and AG-35), unfortunately for unknown reasons there has been a silence about this program.

View attachment 405567View attachment 405568View attachment 405569View attachment 405570

However, if we are talking about OSU 35K, a contract was signed for the delivery of the first 3 sets (for 601, 602 and 603 from the Kormoran II ship project)
Thanks! I think I recall seeing a prototype mount on a Rosomak as well?

Last edited:
Thanks! I think I recall seeing a prototype mount on a Rosomak as well?
Unfortunately, I cannot confirm it with certainty, I have not seen it.
But I think You're right, the manufacturer claims that the system can be easily adapted to be mounted on vehicles.

The first Polish K2 tank spotted on some test runs.

View attachment 406466
"Slight" improvement over a T-72. It looks like the bulk of them will ship in '24 & '25 but they'll get enough to train on in the interim.

It also appears that work is being done to organize & implement production in Poland within 4-5 years which is a really good thing.

Last edited:
"Slight" improvement over a T-72. It looks like the bulk of them will ship in "24 & '25 but they'll get enough to train on in the interim.

It also appears that work is being done to organize & implement production in Poland within 4-5 years which is a really good thing.

Only slight? Will it not be more survivable, even with its (real life) soft-kill APS? It has a modern fire control system unlike most T72s in action. I'm guessing with its autoloader, ammo storage is designed to be safer than that of the T72. Its a big, big win if the crew can walk away. Air con and increased crew efficiency is all the better. We know all tanks are kill-able and in that scenario, the bulk of small things becomes more important.

Only slight? Will it not be more survivable, even with its (real life) soft-kill APS? It has a modern fire control system unlike most T72s in action. I'm guessing with its autoloader, ammo storage is designed to be safer than that of the T72. Its a big, big win if the crew can walk away. Air con and increased crew efficiency is all the better. We know all tanks are kill-able and in that scenario, the bulk of small things becomes more important.
I agree with you in every respect. They are not even close.

I was just trying my hand at humor, and I should listen to my wife who tells me that I never succeed.