1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

HQRU Pictures Of Lt Cmdr Maxwell Leslie (midway).

Discussion in 'HQ research Unit' started by SBD001, Nov 26, 2011.

1. SBD001

SBD001 Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am interested in finding pictures of Lt Cmdr Maxwell Leslie, a hero during the Battle of Midway. He led squadron of SBD's. There is only one photo of him that I seen. Hopefully this not the only picture of him during his whole military career.

Bombardier likes this.
  2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Very late I know and perhaps you have seen these pictures but I will post them none the less

The man himself (could not fond a better picture than this )
    LCDR_Max_Leslie_USN_April_1942.jpg

Lt Cmdr Maxwell Leslie successfully ditching due to lack of fuel, 13:48, 4 Jun 1942
    SBD_ditching_near_USS_Astoria_1942.jpg

3. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

If you have found any others of this great man perhaps you could share them with us