One little odd thing...

mineman65

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
I was once again studying books about Finnish wars in 1939-45 and i found this kind of funny piece of info. In September 1942 there were US Military legation visiting in East-Karelia (near the front) studying how Finnish troops operate. What makes it odd? Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand had declared war on Finland already in September 1941. US never did. BUT, US was in war with Germany which ally Finland was and US had declared war against Germany in December 1941. There were also some German troops (infantry and tank group) in Finland, so there were possibility for them to meet the enemy! army;

Hmm seems strange, where did you read this mineman?.
I will have to look into it, but not now coz im going out on the beer with my buddies in about 20 minutes.
Shame your too far away, you would enjoy it ;)

I would !! I'll buy you one if i ever come to Manchester. (Y)
These books i'm reading are in finnish and i don't think they are translated to english, but it's "collection" of military history experts are impressive ( 6 professors, 1 Colonel and 3 Lieutenant Colonels for example). It's kind of official Finland 85 years of independence celebration book(s). Series are called (in english) "Defenders of Independence", and this particular part is called "At the Front".

Last edited by a moderator:
Good man, I look forward to it. See ya later sal;