Intro newbie

ianh

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
hi my name is ian halsey just joined,my interests are family tree/military service i have many halseys in the army,navy,going back to 1850s..have some service records reg/num ect..buy my gaol is to find my fathers nat ser record,reg/reg num..i have wrote to glasgow they want £30 00 with no quarr teee of finding as i cant suppy reg/num..i do have ni num/dob and im next of kin,but i have posted a newly found photo of my uncle wearing a army badge?both serving same time about 1950-55... unknown reg now i hoping someone will no which reg it is also my uncle and fathers both married sisters no longer here..and finally if anyone nos a website for nat ser personel i would be happy..but hittin a brick wall at the mo..thank you...

Hi Ian and welcome to the site. Have you any inkling on what your father did while serving?

Silky

Welcome to MI.Net Ianh

i have posted a newly found photo of my uncle wearing a army badge?both serving same time about 1950-55... unknown reg now i hoping someone will no which reg it is

Where have you posted the image?

hi this is an image of uncle dont no reg?.. uncle david.jpg

hi john ive no idea father never spoke of it,but as your an ex medic maybe you can help with another problem i have my gg grandfather was a stretcher bearer in boar war or ww1 have seen old photo many years ago only other info is name george halsey b 1857..cublington,but lived in yorkshire any help info website ect would be great thank you..

Hello Ian, I can only find one entry for the name George Haisley and that was in 1862 when your GG-father was only three years old.
What makes it harder is that stretcher bearers are not always medics, most of them where members of the Regimental band and did other duties in war time.
From his DOB he would be too old for the First World War. However, there were two Boar wars the first in December 1880 to March 1881 and the other 1899 to 1902.
Try searching this site http://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/records.asp
Silky

hi thx yes he was an orderly boar war i cant access his records and later was a railroad worker quard in yorkshire,and thx for the help..this is my late ancestor..george halsey Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: