1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Quiz Navy quiz

Discussion in 'All other military discussion' started by Niallmhor, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Niallmhor

Niallmhor Mi Lance corporal MI.Net Member

1 What was the Tonnage of HMS Hood?
    2 What was the thickness of the armour belt on HMS's Rodney & Nelson?
    3 HMS Fearless & HMS Intrepid where Assault ships but they where formally called LPD's but where was they built?
    4 what was the name of Germany only built aircraft carrier And what did she have fitted to her which is fitted to modern carge ships?sal;

have fun!

Niallmhor

2. John A Silkstone United Kingdom

John A Silkstone Mi General MI.Net Member

Hi NaillMhor and welcome to the site.

Have a look in my picture Album

Q 1 HMS Hood was 45.200 tons.
    Q 2
    Q 3 Fearless was built in Belfast and the Intrepid on the Clyde.
    Q 4 Her name was the ‘Graf Zeppelin.’

Silky

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  3. Niallmhor

Niallmhor Mi Lance corporal MI.Net Member

Hi Silky,
    thanks for taking part in my Quiz,you got 3 right but only no 4 partly right should I tell you the answer? Ok She was fitted in the bows with a Bow thruster as fitted to modern Cargo ships & tugs. How is your knowledge on Modern British Army Vehicles 1960-1999?

Watch this space
    Ex-Royal Artillery AFV Rec Inst

Niallmorsal;