Movie / TV Naval war films

F

Fingers

Well being a bit of a film buff and x Royal Navy you can't forget the classics "IN WHICH WE SERVE" and "BENEATH THE WAVES"

I might of mentioned the somewhat inaccurate U571, the old enigma. Typical leave it to the end credits to mention it was the old brits who captured the first lot of machines. But hey who needs facts in films !!!

Though have to admit its one of the more decent up to date done movies. Ah then the classic Das Boot film of 1981. Those Germans have actually made a good film !!!

Anybody think of any other good naval films....don't bother with Top Gun thanks !!!! coast;

What about K19 the Widowmaker

11m.jpg

Plot Outline: When Russia's first nuclear submarine malfunctions on its maiden voyage, the crew must race to save the ship and prevent a nuclear disaster.

I found it a great film starring Harrison Ford and liam neilson.

:mrgreen:

What about "They were expendable" with John Wayne, "Away all boats" with Jeff Chandler, "The Last Detail" with Randy Quaid, "PT109" with Cliff Robertson, and "The enemy below" with Robert Mitchum, to name a few. :idea:

Don't set me off again Buddy,
Battle of the River Plate.
Sink the Bismarck.
Torah! Torah! Torah!
Battle of Midway.
The Man Who Never Was.
Above us the waves.
The Enemy Below.
Sand Pipers.
The Sea Chase.
Yangtze Incident.
Battle of the Coral Sea.
Pearl Harbour.
Eagles of the Fleet.
Cockleshell Heroes.
The Cruel Sea.
More if you want them!!!
:D :D
Derrick

Probably my all-time favorite naval movie is THE SAND PEBBLES with Steve McQueen.

I can advice polish film from 1958 ORP "Orzel"(Eagle). Film is about polish submarine what was intern in Estonia but escaped and sailing to England.
In film role of ORP "Orzel"(Eagle) play his twin ORP Sep (Vulture)

you've got to be kidding Derrick

Did I read that right....Pearl Harbour in the same list as The Cruel Sea... :shock: