Quiz More Army Slang

Eagledriver

EagleDriver
MI.Net Member
slang

Sorry to be gone so long, guys. My 'puter's been in for repairs. Here's a couple more for you. The spelling may be a bit off. I'm a bit rusty.

Diddie Mao=

Dinkie Dao=

Bush=

Cannon Fodder=

Hawg=

Dustie=

Boonie Rat=

Boonie Rag=

Sorry 'bout that last entry. Should read like this.

Welcome back mate, we missed you. :shock:

Diddie Mao= run away or get out quick, go quickly

Dinkie Dao= to be crazy, from"điên cái đầu".

Bush= jungle

Cannon Fodder= infantry

Hawg=

Dustie=

Boonie Rat= combat infantry man

Boonie Rag=bandana (maybe)

Slang

Webmaster, You got 5 right. Now, how about the other 3? By the way, the one's you got are 1,2,3,4,and 7. :p

Hawg= Huey Hawg, UH-1 Helicopter

Dustie= Dustoff - Medivac helicopter

Slang

Highland Sniper, you got the Dustie right. The Hawg partially right. More specifically, the Hawg was the armed version of the Huey(rockets, minigun,etc.)

Sorry all, but I tried to put in a BBcode tag so a pic could be displayed but it didn't work.

Webmaster if you can,please delete both of the above posts.

Bill

Ahhh...........I was getting confused. I knew the troopcarrier version of the Huey was the Slick and I thought the gunship was a Snake, thought that Hawg was perhaps a generic term for the Huey.

Should have known better though seeing as How the A-10 is now also known as the Hawg albeit abbreviated from Warthog.

I love the quiz section on this board - better start thinking up some questions again.

Slang

Since nobody wants to try "Boonie rag", I'll make it simple. It's the floppy jungle hat worn. :lol:

Slang

Highland Sniper, the true short term for the A-10 is "Hog" not Hawg. Hawg is strictly for the armed Huey. :| :idea:

Slang

By the way, Sniper. "Snake" is the nickname for the Huey Cobra gunship. :idea:

Re: Slang

Eagledriver said:
By the way, Sniper. "Snake" is the nickname for the Huey Cobra gunship. :idea:

I knew I'd got it from somewhere. 8)

Hi Rob,
There are two answers to your question.
1) Mainland Britain is Culloden. (Scot against Scot).
2) All of Britain is Jersey. (Scot against French).
Derrick.

Slang

Here is a pic of the "Snake" if I'm successful. :roll:

Slang

Be patient. My machine is a little slow right now. I'm using a loner while mine is in the shop. :oops:

Sorry Eagledriver, not talking about you. A quiz question appeared, then disappeared on to the Quiz Forum proper. Probably Himself indulging too much behind the bar.
Derrick.

Slang

Durn, Can't seem to get this to work right. Anybody got an idea? :oops:

Slang

My apologies, guys. I can't seem to post a pic here, so go to galleries and you'll find 2 pictures of the Snake that i've posted there. :oops: :lol:

Army Slang

Guys, I've got one more for you. I was just thinking about this the other day.

Huey "Hawg"-Huey "Helicopter Armed With Guns."

Some coincidence! Just something I thought up. No real connection, but a pause for thought.

:? :!:

First Team!