Other Post Money for old rope

Sparky

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
We had a batch of new baby sailors join my ship, so in true military fashion, we dish out the wind ups that were played on us and those before us, I swear Nelson was probaby asked to find a left handed screw driver on his first day at sea.
Anyway one of the said baby's was sent to the Buffers store 9 in charge of rope, wire and all things seamenship like). "We're tying the Helo down for sea later, go to the buffers store and get a Spur lash".
So our galant sailor dutifully heads off in search of the Buffer's store. Before he could get there of course a phone call was placed through to the Buffer advising him he was going to get a visit and should assist the young lad.
Some time later the youth arrives having eventually found the store, and went in to see the Buffer.
"'scuse me Chief, I've been told to get a Spur Lash for the Helo" The Buffer helpfully told him there was one in the rope locker to his left...
As he opened the locker door he was greeted by a face full of water delievered out of a bucket by one of the Buffers crew.
Looking somewhat bafffled and soaked to the skin he turned to the buffer,

"that was what you asked for wasn't it?...a SPLASH ?"

Nuff said !

We did much the same when we had joes joining the regiment. The most stupid reasons were pulled out the hat but we couldn't send anyone to the tech QM who was probably the biggest barsteward in BAOR. A complete lack of a sense of humour barred him from the games. His oppo, the blanket stacker QM was cool and many's the time we sent blokes for obvious bits of kit. The best in my memory were both done on a pratt who'd joined the regiment about 2 months before I did. We had both been in the troop for about 3 years when the seniors got tired of winding up sprogs and and thought they'd get an old hand.
He was summoned to the troop office and was told that the OC (a noted reggie bike rider) needed some spare kit. "Off you go to the RQMS and get a fellopian tube for the bicycle"! Our foolish boy went over to the stores and the RQMS, after wazzing himself laughing, gave our man an evening cleaning mess trophies for falling for such a gag!
The other good 'un of course was sending someone to the Engineers and asking their chief tech (also known for a bad SOH) for a long weight!!!

Tartan paint, sparks for the grinder, left handed screw driver, benzine rings, the golden rivet....anymore for anymore?

once sent a guy to the Stores for a bucket of H2SO4 (sulphuric acid)

Sent a sprog to the guard room once for four big headed screws LOL :mrgreen:

Hehe nice one bomber, bet that went down well :mrgreen:

Back