Mil News Mirror apologises to UK troops

Drone_pilot

Mi General
MI.Net Member
The Daily Mirror has apologised to the regiment it accused of torture after publishing fake pictures of UK troops abusing Iraqi prisoners.
The newspaper said it was "hoaxed" into printing photos which appeared to show Queen's Lancashire Regiment (QLR) soldiers harming detainees.

Following the sacking of editor Piers Morgan, the tabloid also apologised to readers and to UK armed forces in Iraq.

The QLR said the Mirror had endangered British troops by running the pictures.

One photograph showed a soldier urinating on a hooded man while in another the hooded man is being hit with a rifle in the groin.

In Saturday's edition, the Daily Mirror admits the photographs were fakes but says they "were printed in good faith".

It continues: "We absolutely believed they were what we were told they were, otherwise we would never have printed them."

BBC Read More

My Comment: "it comes to late as the damage is all ready done"

"were printed in good faith".
Yeah Right?

"We absolutely believed they were what we were told they were, otherwise we would never have printed them."
Yeah Right?.

I dont believe that they did not have the slightest doubt about the authenticity of the pictures. And in any case they should have thought about the collateral damage to the good hard working troops out there, even if they 100% knew they were real.

Allies soldiers danger because that fake photos . Allies can use law to this event ?

I dont think they can, you see they are saying that they believed the pictures to be real and that the person who gave them the pictures fooled them. Without any evidence that they intentionally set out to endanger the troops and knew the pics to be fake they will not face any criminal charges. They could be sued in a civil court though. :?

Bombardier said:
I dont think they can, you see they are saying that they believed the pictures to be real and that the person who gave them the pictures fooled them. Without any evidence that they intentionally set out to endanger the troops and knew the pics to be fake they will not face any criminal charges. They could be sued in a civil court though. :?

Perhaps , first BBC , now is Daily Mirror , and next ...... I'm afraid , will have more events ......

Good riddance to bad rubbish - Morgan gone, Mirror discredited, the best way to deal now with this paper is not to buy it then no cash, no more Mirror!