archaeology Military & Non Military Archaeology

Cocaine and ancient hallucinogens discovered in 1,000-year-old shamanic pouch
Utensils found at a site in Bolivia had traces of benzoylecgonine, bufotenine and the two main ingredients of the traditional spiritual medicine ayahuasca

An "incredibly rare" Roman coin minted for an ill-fated emperor has been found during work to upgrade an A road.
It depicts Ulpius Cornelius Laelianus, who reigned for about two months in AD269 before he was killed.
The discovery was made during a dig as part of Highways England's £1.5bn scheme to improve the A14 between Cambridge and Huntingdon.

When I was a child, I went with my father to the Iruña-Veleia oppidum, near the city where I was born, and I collected mosaic tesserae in the farmlands around the site. They were not coloured, they were white only, simple tesserae to cover commons floors, not taking part any mosaic with any complicated drawing.

Wheat fields around Iruña where completely full of this simple tesserae, and they were stories in villages around the site, that some villagers have find little treasures with roman coins.

About Iruña-Veleia archaeological site:

In the wiki article in Spanish, you can find more information and pics:

German underground field hospital accidentally discovered in Wavelgem, Belgium. during work on plumbing. It's one of only a few field hospitals that the Germans constructed below ground.