1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Mi.net Member Topper R.i.p

Discussion in 'Book of condolence' started by Bombardier, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

I have been informed by the wife of our member @Topper that Stan 'Topper' Brown passed away on the 24th December 2015 after a fierce fight with Cancer.

His wife Christine has thanked all our members for "Helping him be entertained when he was not able to do much outside work"

rest in peace 'Topper' I am glad that you found pleasure in MI.Net and we will all meet you at the Re-Org.

2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Toppers wife christine has passed me some information about his service

Stan was in the RAF as bomb disposal from 1952 to 1955. Then he joined the MDP as an officer and later the MOD as a Police Sergeant, where he ended up in Shetland in 1980. He held a very respected way of life to the very end and is sadly missed by family and friends

thank you Christine.

saiga likes this.
  3. Bigbird United Kingdom

Bigbird The Bird Thats Big MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

R.I.P 'Topper'

Bombardier likes this.