1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Lets get to know each other

Discussion in 'All Non Military Discussion' started by Bombardier, May 15, 2015.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Lets get to know each other a bit

An example of my music taste

Best Virtues - probably honour and loyalty

Fave actors - Clint Eastwood and Russell Crowe

Achievements - 12 years in the British Army

Loves - Well of course I will say my wife and daughter but also the Military Brotherhood (like it or not)

Hates - (have to be careful here) ..... people who criticise our military because they hate the war, "Hate the war not the warrior"

Success - Well when I can do something for someone and they are blown away with the effort I have put in on their behalf

Hopes - Peace (but not in a Green Party way) just peace, i hope one day we will all learn to get along ok, but if war is required then let it be as the Beatles once said, I also hope that people will use this site as it was intended and get pleasure from contributing to it along the way

Fears - war, hatred, Personal loss, running out of beer and cigs

Belief -I believe in a power that rules over us, I just dont know who or what thats is. I believe that doing something that doesn't benefit you alone is a powerful reason to be alive and if you do such acts you will be rewarded Psychologically, ten fold.

Wants - To live long enough to see my daughter married, a mother and living the life I always wanted for her.

Needs - Beer, motorbikes, health, sex (with my wife of course) tranquility

Well we can add to this as we go along

What about you big man (or woman)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    saiga and NebrHogger like this.
  2. ~Phoenix~ Bangladesh

~Phoenix~ Mi Captain MI.Net Member

Did you participate in any conflicts/wars? If so,then which ones?

Bombardier likes this.
  3. Bombardier

I served my Queen, Country and brothers and sisters in Northern Ireland 1983 & 1992. I also served during the first Gulf War liberating a Muslim Country from a tyrant. I am proud of my Military service as should anybody be from any country. As I have learnt from our Vietnam veteran members "Hate the war not the warrior" it is easy to blame those we send to war but they serve us and as a whole we sent them there.

As you can see from my initial post I am not a war monger, but even at my ripe old age of 51 years I will answer the call when needed.

What a great future we have in this world if we can learn to accept our differences and just get the fuck along with each other, wouldnt that be awesome.

Hope you had a good day @saiga

Gordus, saiga and NebrHogger like this.
  4. saiga

saiga Content Mod Mi.Net Supporter Content Mod

@Bombardier It was a terrific day, my mother-in-law and father-in-law were visiting us. They arrived around 10 a.m. and left three hours ago... the best part? I didn´t go to the range and they´ll be staying in town for two more days :eek: I don´t mean to sound ungrateful, I mean I love them and I´m happy that they´re alive and well and everything, but the moment when my mother-in-law started to look around if she could possibly wipe the dust or wash a plate or put some dirty clothes in the washing machine... I think I´ll do the military photo naming thing for a while to calm down ;)

Bombardier likes this.
  5. ~Phoenix~ Bangladesh

Dang,thats cool.You were in Operation Desert Storm?

You sound pissed off,hard day?

Eh,my Christmas was horrible as well.Infact it was worse than yours for sure.

6. saiga

@Bombardier Why did I think you also served in Falklands? Another family member perhaps? I remember some conversation...
    @~Phoenix~ It sounds stupid, I know, first world problems...

~Phoenix~ likes this.
  7. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

Now that Christmas is winding down, I can type a little - mostly random stuff.

Besides being a die hard gun nut, I reload my own ammo. I have my progressive machine set up for 9mm at the moment. I use most of that for draw from concealed drills - the rest goes to son in law. And I do carry concealed constantly. It's $125 for a 5 year concealed handgun permit here.

I collect Italian military arms and militaria, but mostly shoot Euro black powder cartridge rifles (with BP Substitute - easier to clean). At the moment, I'm playing with a 41 Swiss Vetterli converted to centerfire and my Snider. Both are way fun to shoot! :)

For music, I like 60s & 80s rock - Beach Boys - Boston - Belinda Carlisle... that sort of thing.

I hunt, but just turkeys anymore. I've shot 5 this fall, and can get one more before the end of January. I like wild turkey a lot better than store bought. Older daughter got a bloodhound puppy, but it wasn't working out there & the pup lives here now. I have high hopes it will be a turkey hunting dog!

Happy new year, Friends! SW

massacre 002 (1024x1002).jpg massacre 013 (946x1024).jpg massacre 001 (1024x789).jpg snuffers 010 (1024x965).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
    Gordus, diman, Bombardier and 2 others like this.
  8. Bombardier

Yes the Falklands that was my brother, I joined the Army in 1983 my brother had been serving for a few years before me

Gordus and ~Phoenix~ like this.
  9. Bombardier

Thats correct mate Operation Desert Storm although that was the American name for it we called Operation Granby.

~Phoenix~ likes this.
  10. ~Phoenix~ Bangladesh

Awesome! What battles were you present at? How many Iraqis have you killed?

11. Bombardier

Well I was present at all The British battles through Western Iraq towards Kuwait, the latter question is not something I like to talk about nor am I proud of it. We did our job and that's the only solace I get from it.

~Phoenix~ likes this.
  12. ~Phoenix~ Bangladesh

Oh,I understand.I always get hyped when I ask veterans about their combat service.

Bombardier likes this.
  13. Bombardier

No problem buddy, I used to ask my dad and other family members the same thing when I was a young man.

~Phoenix~ likes this.
  14. saiga

It was a balmy spring day in 1990; it was a good year. The Soviets left my country, taking with them everything that wasn´t screwed to the ground, and we exchanged the communist dictatorship for a pseudo-democracy which we mistook for the real thing. That´s why I refuse to call the Velvet Revolution of 1989 a revolution, or as my grandfather used to say, “It´s not a revolution when there are no bodies hanging from the street lamps.” :cool: Also, red Bordeaux wines are excellent from that year. And a 6-year-old saiga was playing at the doorstep with plastic toy soldiers, Indians, horses and a 1/72 scale police patrol boat, probably reenacting Custer´s last stand. I just finished reading my first book – the bible of all naval military history – Edmund Kosiarz´s Bitwy Morskie, a German translation my older brother stole from I don´t know where. Excelsior! A bookworm was born. There´s a dark side to that: I go fully ballistic when people try to sell some bullshit to me because you´re dealing with someone who spent 20+ years reading and learning.

What I love is good wine, gummy bears, anime, and my family and friends, although sometimes it´s very difficult to be around them, my parents, that is, they´re these old school strongly religious peace loving whining liberals, anti-gun, anti-fun, and anti-everything while me… well, I´m a freedom-loving conservative, far from religious – I used Karate Kata on dustbins, smoked marihuana, and while I was on college I did a three-way with two smoking hot chicks, regularly; I´m a gun nut too, and not feeling alive unless I´m riding my horse at full gallop, my light cavalry sabre raised above my head, screaming Vive l´Empire!

I feel I should end this with some-kind-of-a-motivational-quote here. So… what I hate is spinach, spiders, and death – not mine, I´m long past that. In 2007 I showed my middle digit to a tumor – which I named Carl – and kicked it´s ass. Carl made me stronger and sarcastic and rearranged my priorities. But Carl was stupid. He fucked with the wrong person. Don´t be like Carl :p

Bombardier and Brit-Pop like this.
  15. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

I live in a very rural part of the country. Every morning, I take baby bloodhound out for a short hike where we always see wildlife as seen here. Deer and turkeys grazing on wheat. I don't have permission to hunt this ranch so I just shot 'em with the Canon. Another pic shows the dog giving a doe the evil eye. There were about 20 more deer, but the bounced away when I stopped. Now that it has snowed, it's time to download a turkey permit and get serious about whacking some! Please pass the gravy!

The Monkey ranch sign is just for fun. I can't imagine trying to round up or brand monkeys! :eek::D

fog 005 (1024x554).jpg fog 002 (1024x624).jpg candy 003 (1024x524).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2017
    Bombardier likes this.
  16. Bombardier

Those Turkeys will be getting nervous in a few weeks

[​IMG]

NebrHogger likes this.