Quiz Jackpot No. 9.

Silence reigned, and we all got wet.
One of our new members has the name which should give it all away.
Derrick.

1. the Ordre de la Generosite

2. Pour Le Merite

3. Max Immelman

4. The Blue Max

5. Manfred Von Richthofen(The Red Baron.)

o- :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1. the Ordre de la Generosite

2. Pour Le Merite

3. Max Immelman

4. The Blue Max

Eagledriver said:
1. the Ordre de la Generosite-1667

2. Pour Le Merite -1740

3. Max Immelman

4. The Blue Max

There you go. How's that?

Everybody, Eagledriver just entered the building and has correctly answered Jackpot No. 9.
Bombardier, please pay the 100 Milcreds, unless you deducted from Irving, in which case he requires it back as well.
I hope the rest of you are all suitably :oops: :oops: for not being able to work this out from all the clues I gave.
:D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:
Derrick.

Derrick Stephenson said:
Everybody, Eagledriver just entered the building and has correctly answered Jackpot No. 9.
Bombardier, please pay the 100 Milcreds, unless you deducted from Irving, in which case he requires it back as well.
I hope the rest of you are all suitably :oops: :oops: for not being able to work this out from all the clues I gave.
:D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:
Derrick.

Actually, Derrick, the clues you gave(I only found 3.) were really devious, but you gave it away with the new member's name and the mention of scarves. The scarves told me the time frame. I only found one name for that time frame.

BTW, Point of information: Max Immelman was also the first pilot to receive the Pour Le Merite(1916) After that, it was unofficially known
as the Blue Max.

:!: :!: :!:

I agree, Irving, but only 3 clues?
Here are some of the obscure ones :
1) awarded for not being tight = generous (does it in the U.S.?)
2) I then said I was feeling generous, don't turn against me (Immelman Turn), don't feel downhearted = blue.
3) I didn't think not guessing was 'merited'
4) Immelman won for 8 'kills', Richtofen needed 16, then the straightforward clues were given.
I take your point though Eagledriver, and I have repeatedly asked if I should change the format, but those who answered said no.
I am going to rethink the Jackpot, possibly still giving obscure clues, but only having one answer instead of multiple answers, see if more People will have a guess.
:D :D :D
Derrick.

Hey, D, I didn't say it wasn't good! It was! Don't change it. See my quote below.

Eagledriver said:
Yer right, Derrick. I'm just kidding, but then I've never been known as the brightest bulb in the house. I'm wracking my brains, but just can't seem to get the train on the track. Keep on being devious, buddy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock:

It's cool Irving, but I'm not getting enough People involved. I need the Jackpot to build by the 20 Milcreds for every guess, and I think it's the multiple answers that puts People off.
Have a look at Jackpot 10 shortly, see if this is better.
Still devious mind. :evil: :evil:
:D :D :D
Derrick.

Roge that. Will do, but now I'm off to work. I'll see you guys when I get back.

Immelman Turn,

full throttle, stick forward to pick up speed, pull back on the stick,
half loop, at the top of the loop stick neutral and a half roll, you are now
facing the opposite way

immelman-anim.gif

Back