Quiz Jackpot No. 9.

Derrick Stephenson

Major
MI.Net Member
Himself will be having a dickey fit at all the Milcreds I'm giving away. But, after all, it's only money!!! :D :D
Right, People, while I think of an :evil: question, another one that might make you all think a bit.

First awarded for not being tight, it had its name changed officially, then unofficially.
It turned out that the last person to win the official award halved the chances of anyone else winning it, but one person did!!!

I hope that's clear, what I want is :

1) The original name.
2) The amended name.
3) The name of the last person to win No.2)
4) The unofficial name.
5) The only person to win No. 4)

If you are all confused, good, 'cos I am, but that's what it says. ;) ;)
Derrick

No comments, no p**s off's, no 'that leaves me out', worst of all no guesses!!!
Derrick strikes again.
pig; sing; rid:
Do you want another general clue? :evil:
Derrick.

P**s off derrick Im thinking :mrgreen: rid:

1) The original name. = The Medal of honor
2) The amended name = Gillespie Medal
3) The name of the last person to win 2 = William Wilson Army
4) The unofficial name = ?
5) The only person to win 4 =?

Congressional medal of honor

Sorry, D_P, I can't comment 'cos you didn't answer every part, and if I say whether you are partly correct or totally wrong, I will be giving info. away. :roll: ;)
Derrick.

What general clues? I didn't see any at all. :evil: :evil: :evil:

All right, I'm feeling generous, and don't want you all to turn against me, or end up feeling downhearted, so that's 3 further clues.
:D :D :D
Derrick.

Irving, I know you wouldn't want me to be anything other than my normal devious, crafty self.
It's all there Buddy, if you read it right!!!!
:D :roll: ;)
Derrick.

Yer right, Derrick. I'm just kidding, but then I've never been known as the brightest bulb in the house. I'm wracking my brains, but just can't seem to get the train on the track. Keep on being devious, buddy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh, I definitely will, Mate, :D , but I don't think People at least not guessing is merited, after all it's not real money. What are you all scared of?
(Another obscure clue there. :evil: :evil: :evil: )
lolb; lolb; rid: rid:
Oh, I do enjoy this, especially when, nah, don't gloat Derrick, someone will twig soon.
Derrick.

1: The Congressional Medal of Honor

2: The Gillespie Medal

3. 2- way tie-3 October 1918- John J. Kelly and John H. Pruitt- both on same day in the same action at Blanc Mont Ridge, France. Each one received the Army AND the Navy medals.

4. The CMOH.

5. Two date no one has ever won 4. There are 19 double medal winners listed.

:shock: :shock: :shock: At last!

I'm very sorry, People, :oops: :oops: , it looks as if I've mislead you all. The reference to 2) and 4), were not meant to be quantities, but the question numbers, ie who was the last person to win the answer to No.2, and who was the only person to win the answer to No.4.
Irving, you will not be charged for your answer, but to be fair to Everyone The Congressional Medal Of Honour is not involved.
I apologise for the misunderstanding.
Derrick.

Because of the confusion, I'm going to give you all further straightforward clues, but these may give it straight away.
The original and amended names are not in the language of the awarding country, and the unofficial name is in a different language, but again, not that of the awarding country.
Best of luck, People. With all the clues You have on this one now, something should click.
:D :D
Derrick.

I'm sick of this question, so, it was the subject of a film, and for some reason, silk scarves were involved!!! (I know why, do you?)
;) ;) :D
Derrick.

I'm sick of this question, so, it was the subject of a film, and for some reason, silk scarves were involved!!! (I know why, do you?)
;) ;) :D
Derrick.

Silence reigned, and we all got wet.
One of our new members has the name which should give it all away.
Derrick.

Back