Other Post in the dark

Drone_pilot

Mi General
MI.Net Member
imagine the scene it's just turned dusk and we are on exercise in the woods around Celle Germany, i,m on point.

I'm indian waking a path, i stop and signal that there's a trip wire in front of me, i step over it and move on, the guy following me (Pat Brundell) spends the next 5 Min's trying to find this wire. (that don't exist.) he Called me for everything when we got back to camp :D

or the time Pat and I were sent out to repair the land line (don ten*)between our position and the Command post about 500 meters away,

it was pitch black, middle of a wood and no moon, and as this was a full tactical Ex no torches (flashlights) we traced our route to the C.P. by me running the Don Ten through my hand feeling for a break in the cable.

we had go about 300 meters when we literally bumped in to the Sgt Major coming the opposite way in the dark and all the confusion, and name calling i lost the cable and so did the Sgt-Major.

He left with the order find it and fix the F*****G thing.

Pat and I groveled around in the dark i found a wire, pat found a wire, i found another, pat found 2 more??? (don ten cable is made up as follows two plastic coted wires each containing 10 steel wire) so at most we should have only had 4 ends and not 5.

in desperation we tied it all together wrapped some mine tape around it and left it for first light.

we got back to our position just in time to answer the phone? it was the sgt-Major congratulating us on a job well done.

in the cold light of day when we went back, just next to where we had found the break the night before was several ends of don ten and by pure luck we had connected the right ends. :D

Nice one Droney :)
I missed this post along the way somewhere :eek:

Back