1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

I need the Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Military Gaming' started by Bombardier, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Havent got the Xbox 360 yet but this game looks like a real winner.

BattleField II solthum

2. Drone_pilot United Kingdom

Drone_pilot Mi Major General MI.Net Member

So Do I :mad: but at the moment i have more chance of nailing jelly(jello) to the celing

3. Matzos United Kingdom

Matzos Moderator Moderator

It is my understanding that the Xbox is just an up market PC, minus all the bits you would have on a home computer.

Before I left home I had just completed 'Tour of Duty 2' and the graphics output I was getting was on par with the Xbox 360.

Tour of Duty 2, a lot of long nights playing that game. hel; uzi,

4. Reloader

Reloader Mi Lieutenant MI.Net Member

Electronic Arts games Rock!! Here's their UK website:

http://eagames.co.uk/

I play them on PC & agree, the graphics are just as good. The XBox is a dedicated games machine and must be impressive if you play it on a large-screen TV.

I've also just completed Activision's 'Call of Duty 2' and Ubisoft's 'Brothers in Arms - Earned in Blood', both excellent games. Looking forward to 'Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway', coming soon. It's about 101st Airborne's actions during Operation Market Garden, a particular interest of mine. solthum

5. Hollis United States

Hollis Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

My son is a gamer and we have a X box and 57" HDTV.. amazing video. We are waiting for Halo 3 to come out before we blow the bucks on a 360.

There are some great opportunity in playing, it is my sons favorite passion. He can teach me stuff and I can teach him stuff too, a Win WIn situation.

6. Bombardier

A 57" HDTV ?, im still on a 32" LCD (notHD ready), like you im looking forward to the release of Halo 3 and others before buying the 360

(Y)

7. Hollis United States

Hollis Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

I really don't know much on other games, what I like about halo, is that there is cooperative play, My daughter and I, or my son and I can play together.

They can also play together. I was hoping coop would do more but it does not. One problem with coop is that it will truncate the screen, either the top and bottom is cut off, or the sides, depending if you choose std TV of wide screen.

One think I am amazed at the graphics and what one can do with it........ sure beats ping pong.

8. hulksmash61

hulksmash61 Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

Yea i have a 360 and i personally suggest it. I do not have battlefield 2 for the 360 but i do play it on my comp and it is awesome you can really get hooked. but if you do get a 360 with xbox live i suggest you wait and then but Battlefield Bad company (not sure of the release date) or battlefield moderncombat 2. O and buy the Xbox 360 Elite its black instead of white and it has some good up grades to it.

Zach

9. GunBunnyInaMAB

GunBunnyInaMAB Mi Captain MI.Net Member

As a long time XBOX360 owner, I've gotta say something to potential buyers of the system... THE RED RING OF DEATH WILL GET YOU!! After so many hours of play, the operating system on the 360 will FREEZE UP, and you won't be able to use the system for anything. Not even a DVD will play. But don't lose hope, because MICROSOFT has extended the user warranty to 3 years to cover this eventuality. You go online to the XBOX360 support site, download a shipping label to your printer, mail It off per the instructions(post paid) through UPS(in the USA,anyways), and I got mine back in less than a week!! The really cool thing is that MICROSOFT upgraded the operating system, so now the graphics are even more HIGH DEFINITION and the game load times are amazingly fast!! MICROSOFT really stands behind their product, which is more than I can say for SONY(I used to own a PS2, and when it crashed, Sony advised me to buy another one at my cost).

10. Holmesy7291 United Kingdom

Holmesy7291 Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

Yes, the fabled 'RROD'...not a problem on the new 360s as it's got a built-in temperature sensor that automatically turns the console off if it starts to overheat. God knows what the cut-off temperature is, but i've played mine for around 8hrs straight (damn your addictiveness Mass Effect 2!) and it hasn't turned off yet. Deus Ex-Human Revolution is arriving tomorrow, Warhammer 40,000-Space Marine is out in 2wks, ALIENS: Colonial Marines is out soon...oh yes, much fun and merryment will be had!

Btw, if anyone wants another friend add me HOLMESY7291 ;o)

11. GunBunnyInaMAB

From one RPG fan to another...

If you want addictive RPG's, try Fallout #3, Fallout:New Vegas, The Elder Scrolls IV/OBLIVION. Oblivion is causing me to lose a lot of sleep.

The Tom Clancey "Rainbow Six" franchaise is pretty awesome too.

And if you haven't played it yet, PREY is available at GameStop for about $2.99 Used.
    NOW that truly is an addiction!!!

minigun;machgun;

12. Holmesy7291 United Kingdom

I've got Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 and 2, Assassins Creed 1and 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, GoW 1 and 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, Fable 2, all the HALO's so far (cos my original Xbox still works, tho I mainly bugger about on OFP: Elite (chopper pilot!)). Never played any of the Elder Scrolls games but Skyrim looks interesting...might have to invest in that. I never got along with the Rainbow 6 games, they just didn't "feel" right to me...was more aMOH-Frontlines and Ghost Recon fan (the first one only). Just got myself Deus Ex: Human Revolution...it's not bad, a kind of cross between Splinter Cell 1-3/Hitman/SOCOM. Graphics are brilliant, even on my crappy old 26inch analogue tv!

13. Bombardier

Just waiting for Gears of War 3 & MW3
    Gears is a great game

14. Holmesy7291 United Kingdom

I wanna see how they finish the GoW trilogy-i've been reading the books and they've filled in a LOT of blanks, so I wanna see where it goes. Planning on getting GoW3 eventually, but prioritising Space Marine, ALIENS: Colonial Marines, MW3 and Mass Effect 3 (in March).

Working through Deus Ex-HR atm, loving it!

15. daz90

daz90 Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

I have an xbox 360 too, it suffered the ring of death early this year, but microsoft sorted it out and its now normal again, i dont have many games or any real time to play on it, but i do love battlefield 1943 on the online mode, i cant get enough of the battlefield series, i remember battlefield 2, cracking game online with the pc, the xbox version was not as good as the pc version.. Tom Clancys rainbow six is an excellant game too, and i quite like the call of duty range too, but online i get my ass spanked on a regular basis so i tend to just play single player with COD, same story with the medal of honor range too.

16. Bombardier

Me too but I play with my mates from work and we have a good craic, I love it

17. Holmesy7291 United Kingdom

I've kinda given up on playing any COD game online as there's just too many arseholes on it...oh, and whiny little 12yr olds screaming in your ear. COD Elite really doesn't seem worth £34.99 per year, even if you do get exclusive stuff. I play Battlefield 3 online (which has a much friendlier player-base) but I'm usually chatting to friends who are playing something completely different. Found the Space Marine Collectors Edition the other day for £32.99 (better than the £94.99 it cost on release), and as a result I've now got a spare copy of the game...any offers?

@Gunny I'm losing LOTS of everything with Skyrim atm, it's just soooo addictive and a brilliant game! I'm gonna get Oblivion sometime (the edition with all the dlc thrown in) and from what I've heard it's not far behind Skyrim in the awesomeness stakes.

18. GunBunnyInaMAB

How can the sun be up?

I've been playing SKYRIM for 3 weeks now, and the glitches are driving me crazy!! I'm supposed to follow some priest into a "Possessed" church underground located on a cliff overlooking DAWNSTAR on the northern coast, but when I enter the church behind the guy, he vanishes. The local map indcator shows his location as several hundred meters away, behind an unmovable brickwall, just inside the doorway, behind a table.

Other than the dragons flying backwards, characters running across rooms without the use of their legs and other such nonsense, it's not a bad game.

Addictive though..... very addictive.... "What, is it morning already??????".

solthum

19. Holmesy7291 United Kingdom

I'm now level 81 on both my SKYRIM characters (thanks to exploiting a glitch, so not exactly cheating) and havn't found any game-ending glitches just yet. The sheer array of fun glitches is incredible, like getting stuck inside a mammoth, dragons flying like they were in a Ray Harryhausen film, horses jumping off 200ft cliffs and YOU being the one that dies, and at one point it rained crabs! As annoying as some of the glitches can be, I like them, as it adds some comedy to the game, albeit unintentionally ;-) How they squeezed so much onto one disc I don't know, when you consider that Mass Effect 2+3 and RAGE (which is a bit crap tbh) are all on 2 discs.

ME3 is going well, tho I hope they get that "unable to import game saves from ME2" bug sorted, cos i'm not liking the default settings that i'm forced to play with :'( If you'd like, add me on Xbox Live-HOLMESY7291

20. John A Silkstone United Kingdom

John A Silkstone Mi General MI.Net Member

I don’t play any military game, but I do play a lot of golf on the computer and I’ve worked my way up to the rank of Legend. I only wish I could play as good on my local golf course.

silky