1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Admin How can you help?

Discussion in 'Admin Shout Box' started by Bombardier, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

I have recently noticed that we are getting more and more visitors to the site and also an increase in member join ups, both of which I am very happy about. However we could do with much more user input to help us along.

Of course users creating content is not a prerequisite of membership but would help us a hell of a lot.
    You know that we don't ask for money e.g. donations and never will but there are ways you can help that will assist us all greatly.

creating some useful military content
    sharing a photo or our website address on Facebook or other social media.
    posting photos from our galleries to other military sites

All the above suggestions are free and take little time to achieve so if you value our site and want to help, it would be very much appreciated.

I see many members who login and take a look around, thanks for taking the time to do so. If you dont feel that you have anything to contribute thats fine too, but you might be surprised if you give it a go.

Anyway thank you to all our visitors, lurking members and active members for all your support and interest in making this site what it is today.

Best wishes
    Bombardier

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. snapper United Kingdom

snapper Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Mi.Net Supporter

Bombardier
    This site albeit quieter than some and a slower pace is a fantastic resource, of course more contribution from members would be useful for those of us looking to expand our knowledge of all things military but I have to say it is still a brilliant website.

From a personal point of view as a moderator the way things are today means less work for me :)
    Thats said I will do what is necessary when required, thanks for all your efforts this last 12 years

Bombardier likes this.
  3. John A Silkstone United Kingdom

John A Silkstone Mi General MI.Net Member

Bombardier, what I like about the site is that there is no bickering among the members, for if it raises its head it is nipped in the bud by you or the moderators. Some of the sites I belong to in the past were terrible.

Silky

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    Bombardier likes this.
  4. Bombardier

Thanks Silky and Snapper

:cool:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  5. Bombardier

Just thought I would raise this old post to forefront, it is as important now as when I first posted it.
    increasing the presence of MI.Met or any website for that matter is a difficult and laborious piece of work especially for an independent website like ours a simple share of our website address, image or forum thread helps more that you could imagine.

Of course the forum posts and image uploads are also a great help and I cannot thank you all enough for taking the time to posts them.

The better known we are the more people join and contribute, this benefits us all.

Thanks for reading and respect to you all

BravoZulu likes this.
  6. bdpopeye United States

bdpopeye Mi General MI.Net Member

Well stated Bombardier!

Bombardier likes this.