1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Intro Hello From The Wilds Of Nebr!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by NebrHogger, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:

1. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

I enjoy military pics & found this site by chance. My bio pretty well tells the story - retired railroader - Viet Nam vet with 2 tours in northern I Corps (68-69&70) - author & co-author of 5 non-fiction military related books. Currently working on the 2nd volume of my 1st book "Italy's Battle Rifle" which is tentatively due out in 6 months or so.

Collector of Italian arms & militaria. I have travelled to Belgium a couple of times & have visited historical places like Ypres & Liege with my friends there. Am currently saving up for trip #3 which hopefully will include Verdun/Ft Douamont.

Dad was on the Nevada at Pearl Harbor & like many vets never said much of what happened Dec 7. He also served on the Corregidor & Bowie.

I look forward to more vintage Italian military pics! Steve

2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

welcome mate, thats some pedigree you have there.
    Look forward to conversing some more with you soon. Thanks for joining us here at MI.Net

3. Smiffy United Kingdom

Smiffy Mi Corporal MI.Net Member

4. Smiffy United Kingdom

Smiffy Mi Corporal MI.Net Member

I assume Nebr refers to Nebraska? , just had a look online looks like a beautiful place :D

5. NebrHogger United States

Yes. I live in the very western part - within sight of Wyoming. There's a little farming locally, but it's mostly prairie.

Bombardier likes this.
  6. Firefox United Kingdom

Firefox Foxtrot Oscar MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

7. NebrHogger United States

Comrade Publisher wanted a fresh pic for my bio in the book we just finished. It was pretty fresh outside when I had wifey snap this. ;) I'll post it here, too. And! I scoop sidewalks and driveways! Not cheap, but I do a good job! :p:D

bio 002 (1024x606).jpg

BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.
  8. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

9. bdpopeye United States

bdpopeye Mi Major General TAARB MI.Net Member

NebrHogger..I salute both you and your dad. Thank you so much for your service to our nation....and WELCOME to MI.net!!

Bombardier likes this.
  10. NebrHogger United States

"Toy Soldiers, volume 2". Russ made a number of interesting military model dioramas, and I wrote narratives for them. I'll post a link when it's back from the printer.

Bombardier likes this.
  11. NebrHogger United States

Black Pawn, BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.