Photos Ex H.M.S. Sirius

Zofo

Mi Lieutenant
MI.Net Member
My brother has sent me a good photo showing what happens when the Royal Navy try to get rid of an old ship. His quote is below:

Half the NATO Atlantic force did a sinkex in the North Atlantic. All the surface ships fired missiles at the old Leander, the RAF dropped free fall bombs, but in the end it was a submarine that did for it with a Spearfish!! Most impressive!!!!! Photo attatched of what happened to Sirius!!!!!!

Picture to follow:

hms sirius target ship.jpg

Edited to mention that Sirius was his old ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOUND IT! edited your post to repair the broken image link and shared it on @Cobra thread too

I know what happened, As I was there. HMS Monmouth (type 23) Frigate with a sub although not sure which one. The helo fired a sea skua at Sirius which blew he funnel to bits, of which i watched on the gpod camera in the ops room. The sub then fired a torpedo which missed and started to circle back but thank fully they managed to kill it. They fired again and did what's in the above image. All the Zulu doors were shut up forward though so the bow stayed afloat. We came a couple of hundred meters off and I finished her off with 30mm Heit Rounds. A most awesome experience. Best thing is I got to go with a boarding party when they were fitting the cameras on Sirius so got to have a close up look on the upper deck before hand which has always stuck with me. My PO Radar had served on her too and he was with us, Great memories.

I forgot to mention, no surface missiles were used, but we did fire about 50 heit 4.5 shells at her and we couldn't finish her off.

Back