Intro Greetings!

Bundu, no problems mate

SA-Soldier, glad to have you on board

SA-Soldier said:
Howzit BB, I didn't really want to sound off "in public". I would have contacted you personally, had I found your email address, but as I couldn't locate it here, I had no choice. Sorry about that!

I Dig this site, and will introduce myself and post some SADF pics shortly.

solthum

SA-Soldier,

No problem - I was wrong!

Welcome to the site and looking forward to your SADF pics.

(I need to get mine - they are in a box back in SA, which I intend personally collecting in August!)

New Recruit

laughsol; hey ya'll this is my second post. what is the age average here. anybody that goes to high school in Pensacola, FL.? Just askin'. How do I get an image by my name?sal;

2nd Lt. McGee said:
laughsol; hey ya'll this is my second post. what is the age average here. anybody that goes to high school in Pensacola, FL.? Just askin'. How do I get an image by my name?sal;
And when I saw God he asked, "How did you serve your country". And I replied, "Like a soldier of Christ".

2nd Lt. McGee said:
And when I saw God he asked, "How did you serve your country". And I replied, "Like a soldier of Christ".

hey there Lt.
to modify your user settings, click on "User CP" towards the top left of this (and every other) page.

welc.

Welcome LT, as Ratel suggest you can out an avatar (picture) via you userCP top left.
Nice to see ya buddy

thanx ya'll

Thanks, what is the average age on this site? What do ya'll think of the ninja training for the U.S. special forces fighting dicipline?

2nd Lt. McGee said:
Thanks, what is the average age on this site? What do ya'll think of the ninja training for the U.S. special forces fighting dicipline?

Hiya LT McG!

Average age on this site? You'll have to ask Bombardier... but I will guess all most all members over 18 years old, judging by the military experiences!drill;

Ninja training for the US SF? Never heard of it, but if you have a reference article or link, please post it (I have a special interest in Martial Artsrbo;)

Hmmm average age is about 70.......just kidding. probably in the 30's I would say. We have members aged between 17 and 70 ish

And i'm just a slip of a guy whos as old as his skin and a bit older then his teeth. solthum

Wow

rbo; So I'm actually talking to people who live in Europe? That's awesome. I've never been out of the U.S..
box; Bundu Basher: I havn't heard of anything, it's just when my friends and I talk about the military, we'll just start throwing stuff into the conversation. But back to the whole ninja and martial arts stuff, I just thought it would be friggin' awesome to have a SF unit actually use the ninja arts. Do you take martial arts? I take a mix of different kung-fu styles; wing chun, tai chi, Hsing-I, and some jeet kune do concepts.
med;Bombadier: What possessed you to create this forum? Thanks for doing that.

2nd Lt. McGee said:
box; Bundu Basher: I havn't heard of anything, it's just when my friends and I talk about the military, we'll just start throwing stuff into the conversation. But back to the whole ninja and martial arts stuff, I just thought it would be friggin' awesome to have a SF unit actually use the ninja arts. Do you take martial arts? I take a mix of different kung-fu styles; wing chun, tai chi, Hsing-I, and some jeet kune do concepts.

Hiya LT McG!

I currently hold 2nd dan in Shotokan Karate, a 1st kyu in Tai Ju Jitsu and a 5th kyu in Bujinkan... so I guess you could say I like martial arts!

I know that the USMC teach their own mixed martial arts as part of their training - called MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) - essentailly boxing, Ju Jitsu and wrestling. AFAIK, the rest of the US Army (includining the Special Forces) practice the Combatives techniques as prescribed and taught from the Field manual.

If you are really into miltary martial arts, here are a few links for you:
Gutter-fighting
The International Close Combat Intstructores Association
The Advanced Commando Combat System
The US Combative Arts Association
The US Infantry Combatives School

The link to the actual US Army Combatives manual(now superceded):
Field Manual 3-25.150 - Combatives

..and a forum link to a discussion of the FM 3-25.150
E-Budo.com \ Gendai Budo \ Close Quarter Combatives+

(That should keep you busy for a while - and really impress your friends the next time you just throw stuff in a conversation!)

Last edited by a moderator: