Dont be sorry it is all our responsibility to maintain good order here. I understand your point of view. It is my belief that if we were to ban the posting of destroyed vehicles/materiel then we would have to lose many WW1 and WW2 imagery too, a lot of those images posted in the forums and the media area contain such devastation and I would suggest that in threads and media categories depicting or discussing war they are inevitable.

That said if the general consensus here is that we do not allow them I will be on board with that.

I can assure you that both the admin and mods here will not allow the hate you mention, as in all other forums order will be maintained and if a thread or comments on any particular media get out of hand, it will be dealt with.

I would encourage also that any member who deems a post unfit or posted in the wrong thread or media category report it asap.

I generaly agree, so long as it has its own thread, but personaly think its not necessary unless for specific topics like military study, which is how historical material can serve a purpose

But just to clarify my point further. It is especialy sensitive material in the case of burnt vehicles etc, because sometimes you really cannot be sure what exactly you see there and what not.

I can accept that, so long as the presence of human casaulties is really not apparent or even implied. Its just a matter of dignity.

Last edited:
Well we need 2008 war thread then
I had really damn good thread on Georgian forum about casulties of both sides detailed and confirmed with pictures, satelite images and other stuff, sadly cause of "great" administration thread got deleted, so was my work.
ill try to organize something similiar here, if you dont mind however.

duisi_200229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something I agree on and from the very start of MI.Net 15 years ago I made it clear that images of dead soldiers from any country or war should not be posted. (it is likely that I have missed some photos of dead people and would appreciate anybody finding them reporting any they find)

I accept these photos are of destroyed materiel but what is the point of posting them, there seems to be no context or purpose.

I have moved the posts to its own thread here
https://www.militaryimages.net/threads/2008-russo-georgian-war.7195/#post-29312
But Talvisota also posted conflict images in this thread.

Sorry @Talvisota, I realy don't understand how this is even a matter for debate.

Even in conflict threads, some level of dignity must be preserved. Displaying corpses just to validate casaulties ( and really, we know it's often absolutly not for educational purposes ) is a weak reason.

Last edited:
But Talvisota also posted conflict images in this thread.

Yes because that is a conflict thread mate, as Gordus states maintain a level of dignity, photos of dead bodies educate nobody. It just isnt the done thing buddy.

Video that includes test footage of the Delga-1 light assault vehicle designed for special forces. Somewhere around 2001. Several variants were constructed but newer went into serial production. But at the same time its dev Delta says they didn't cease development either.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Georgian soldiers train at a military base April 5, 2002 near Tbilisi, Georgia. Approximately 200 U.S. instructors are expected to arrive in Georgia to further instruct 1,500 Georgian troops in anti-terrorist procedures. It is alleged that al qaeda is in Georgia's rebel Abkhazia Zone.

757197.jpg
757200.jpg
757204.jpg
757209.jpg
757211.jpg
757189.jpg
757191.jpg
757193.jpg
757195.jpg
757202.jpg
757206.jpg