How long ago these photos were taken?
2003-4
Mosins are still used as ceremonial weapons, MOD also uses them as gifts.
They were heavily used through 90s, On picture below, Georgian National Guard fighters near Tbilisi with Mosins, 1992.

1_Jb_Wt0_BFvto.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather we had seperate historical photo threads for the 1990 conflicts and conflicts in general and keep this one more peacetime and 2000 -

There are tons of pictures of the war in Abkhazia / civil war etc.

Last edited:
Interesting. There is a MG3 on the left. Wonder where this is and when. Probably GTEP early 2000s. Could be Bundeswehr troops in one of the international exercises.

Could even be sourced from Turkey. I knew that MKEK sold Georgian military some small arms (HK-33 and G3) in small numbers as well as ammunution and explosives during early 2000s. But just an assumption tho...

Could even be sourced from Turkey. I knew that MKEK sold Georgian military some small arms (HK-33 and G3) in small numbers as well as ammunution and explosives during early 2000s. But just an assumption tho...

Right ! that's actualy more likely.

Hey Deni, if you know, does any Turkish defence company produce soviet standard 122mm rockets?

Last edited:
Oh, alright then, thanks for information
I remember reading that Turkey sold Georgia thousands of 122mm rockets and found it strange since did not knew that Turkey Produces them.
Talking of 122mm
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh, alright then, thanks for information
I remember reading that Turkey sold Georgia thousands of 122mm rockets and found it strange since did not knew that Turkey Produces them.
Talking of 122mm

Well for the more advanced sytems that roketsan produces such as T-300 Kasırga MRLS and J-600 Yıldırım SRBM I know that their technology was directly transferred towards China as a return to Turkey's permission to pass this rusty ex-Soviet aircraft carrier that they bought from Ukraine from the straits in 1998 (which is know as Liaoning right know). And right know roketsan is making Its own 350+ km range SRBM which is known as Khan as well as the Guided version of the 300 mm Kasırga MRL similar to Israeli EXTRA rockets. For the 122 mm T-122 Sakarya the story could has been similar to rest of them..

Thanks for the information Deno
Some more of Georgian Artillery

Georgians teaching Afghan National Army how to use and maintain D-30 Howitzers

Georgian Army images from 2008 Russo-Georgian War.

Kadir93,
I have reported this post.

Reasons being:
Sensitive topics like wars belong to a seperate thread

Combat losses wheter it is material or not do not belong in such threads, and is a matter of discussion wheter or not it should be allowed in the first place and the motives and context must serve a valid purpose other than just displaying casaulties.

^ this is why I made my earlier post. To prevent exactly that.

Last edited:
Combat losses wheter it is material or not do not belong in such threads, and is a matter of discussion wheter or not it should be allowed in the first place and the motives and context must serve a valid purpose other than just displaying casaulties.

This is something I agree on and from the very start of MI.Net 15 years ago I made it clear that images of dead soldiers from any country or war should not be posted. (it is likely that I have missed some photos of dead people and would appreciate anybody finding them reporting any they find)

I accept these photos are of destroyed materiel but what is the point of posting them, there seems to be no context or purpose.

I have moved the posts to its own thread here
https://www.militaryimages.net/threads/2008-russo-georgian-war.7195/#post-29312

I accept these photos are of destroyed materiel but what is the point of posting them, there seems to be no context or purpose.

The reason I personaly don't differentiate there is because either is a sensitive issue and a source for potential conflict and cause for resentment, of which I've seen a lot in other military forums, and it could create a toxic environment between peoples, which would be a real shame and I'd realy hate if the same happened here.

Thank you Bombardier for the intervention.

Sorry, I have rarely ever reported anything, but this I found necessary. Please don't see this as offense Kadir93. It's really a preventive measure.