ebay

Drone_pilot

Mi General
MI.Net Member
i have just purchased some British Armed Forces Money from ebay,
e0_1.jpg

i know that they were used in places where hard currency was forbidden but does anyone have any info on them.

I not too sure about this one, but I think I read somewhere that they were intended for use within the British armed Forces, but didn't get circulated? However, if this is the case, then it should add to their value and i think they are quite rare?

Are there dates on any of the notes - obviously they're post 15/2/71 because of decimalisation, but exact dates may give an idea.

I thought British Forces always used local currencies unlike the Yanks who use dolars on their bases everywhere.

Napier
but I think I read somewhere that they were intended for use within the British armed Forces, but didn't get circulated

the notes are marked 6th series so i take it there were 5 other issues

Rob there are no dates on them at all

BAFV's = British Armed Forces Vouchers. Certificates issued to troops in BAOR in lieu of real money for use in the NAAFI facilities. They ranged from a threepenny note up to a five pound note and looked like real money.

Other series of vouchers before were also uncirculated and can be obtained on ebay. I guess these ones will hold the better value, because they'll still be in mint form, so keep a hold of them.

Back