Quiz 'Dad's Army' Trivia Part One

Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
1/ Where is the series set?
2/ Which character is never seen in any 'Dad's Army' episode?
3/ Captain Mainwaring often has problems with his rival, the commander of the Eastgate platoon. This officer's name is ...
4/ Which of the following professions is not represented amongst the main characters of the platoon?
5/ One of the members of the platoon claims to be a dealer in 'essential supplies'. Who is this black marketeer?

50 Milcreds to the first with all five correct. :mrgreen:

1. Walmington on sea

2. Mrs Mainwaring (not strictly true as her backside is seen on the top bunk in the air raid shelter)

3. Captain Square

4. ??Meat balls not crystal!

5. Pte Walker

Oops, sorry missed a bit of the question for number 4 :oops: and of course the most important bit

Butcher
undertaker
Green grocer

well done tosh you got the complete questions right.how about the missing one? :mrgreen:

Im a silly bugger, Im a silly bugger Im a silly bugger, Im a silly bugger

tosh66 said:
1. Walmington on sea

2. Mrs Mainwaring (not strictly true as her backside is seen on the top bunk in the air raid shelter)

3. Captain Square

4. Green grocer (ARP Warden Hodges)

5. Pte Walker

I used to see Pte Sponge (Colin Bean) travelling on our trains up until a couple of years ago, he lives(d) in Yorkshire.
Gimme more Dad's Army, I love the smell of Sanatogen in the morning!

Dad's army one of the best british war comedy ever written.

Tosh, well done buddy, I have credited your account with the 50 milcreds and I will post a further 5 questions later tonight. :mrgreen:

6/ How far up the coast did the platoon patrol?

7/ The actors Michael Knowles, Don Estelle and John Clegg all appeared in episodes of 'Dad's Army'. In which British Comedy show written by the same writing team that created 'Dad's Army' did they find more regular success for themselves?

8/ Which member of the platoon is ostracized by the others when they discover that he had been a conscientious Objector during the First World war?

9/ Which regular star of the 'Carry on' series of comedy films made a guest appearance in the 6th episode of 'Dad's Army', 'shooting pains'?

10/ During which years was the show 'Dad's Army' originally broadcast?

Next five questions, again 50 milcreds to the first with all 5 correct.

Another 5 to follow after these. :mrgreen:

My I.P.S. just crashed again, why don't you di**head hackers do something useful for society, and go play under a double decker bus? Go on, give us all a laugh!!!
Bombardier, wish I'd kept my mouth shut!!!
:shock: :shock:
Derrick.

Derrick, who is your ISP?, and have they told you it was Hackers?.

Good questions arent they? roc;

Bomb
These ones are bloody hard. Are we allowed to use cross reference, ie look 'em up or is that cheating?

look em up buddy :mrgreen:

Radio or Television? or is that thepoint of the question?

Tv matey, just TV :mrgreen:

dadsarmy_1.jpg

6/ How far up the coast did the platoon patrol? As far as the noveltyrock emporium

7/ The actors Michael Knowles, Don Estelle and John Clegg all appeared in episodes of 'Dad's Army'. In which British Comedy show written by the same writing team that created 'Dad's Army' did they find more regular success for themselves? It ain't half hot Mum

8/ Which member of the platoon is ostracized by the others when they discover that he had been a conscientious Objector during the First World war? Pte Godfrey

9/ Which regular star of the 'Carry on' series of comedy films made a guest appearance in the 6th episode of 'Dad's Army', 'shooting pains'? Pat Coombes

10/ During which years was the show 'Dad's Army' originally broadcast? TV 1965-73

Nice try HS, 3 out of 5 correct :mrgreen: :roll:

How far up the coast did the platoon patrol?
As far as The Novelty Rock Emporium

7/ The actors Michael Knowles, Don Estelle and John Clegg all appeared in episodes of 'Dad's Army'. In which British Comedy show written by the same writing team that created 'Dad's Army' did they find more regular success for themselves?
It ain't half hot mum

8/ Which member of the platoon is ostracized by the others when they discover that he had been a conscientious Objector during the First World war?
Pte Godfrey

9/ Which regular star of the 'Carry on' series of comedy films made a guest appearance in the 6th episode of 'Dad's Army', 'shooting pains'?
Barbara Windsor

1968- 77

Well done Tosh

6/ correct

7/ correct
They play the characters Captain Ashwood, Gunner 'lofty' Sugden and Gunner Graham, respectively.

8/correct
When Godfrey saves Mainwaring's life, the platoon visit him to say thank you. No-one is more surprised than Mainwaring to see a Military Medal hanging above Godfrey's bed. Despite being a Conscientious Objector, he served with courage in France as a medical orderly. The other three characters all served during WWI with great courage, Frazer on the high seas and the other two on the battlefields of France.
(Hmmm Havent we just had a similar discussion along these lines?)

9/ correct
The episode was about the lengths that the platoon went to to improve their shooting scores. They used a fairground sharpshooter played by Barbara Windsor to shoot for them. Not surprisingly, the uniform did not fit very well.

10/ correct
9 great years.