The capabilities of the soldiers of the Colombia Battalion No. 3 were demonstrated in the "Death March" competition in which the armies of the world that make up in the Multinational Force of Observers in the Sinai Peninsula put their physical skills to the test. The representation of the Colombian National Army, occupied the first places leaving high the name of Colombia.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The capabilities of the soldiers of the Colombia Battalion No. 3 were demonstrated in the "Death March" competition in which the armies of the world that make up in the Multinational Force of Observers in the Sinai Peninsula put their physical skills to the test. The representation of the Colombian National Army, occupied the first places leaving high the name of Colombia.

In Popayán, Cauca, together with the commander of the Colombian National Army, General Zapateiro, we extol the work of 22 soldiers of the Third Division who received the "Faith in the Cause" medal, in recognition of the fulfillment of the mission and their noble vocation to service with the country

In the Arauca and Casanare Departments, troops from the Eighth Division of the Army destroyed explosive devices in a controlled manner that would be used to attack the civilian population, the Public Force and the infrastructure of the State.

With a jump from the 14-meter tower that simulates the jump from an aircraft in flight, the Military Parachuting School revitalized THE staff from the National Training Center, to strengthen their skills in this discipline.

In the Guajira, the Artillery School continues with the retraining of men and women of the Field Artillery Battalion No. 1, in the "APU-SBT 155 mm Howitzer" system, thus strengthening the capabilities of the National Army in defense of the sovereignty

The major inspection of the "Phantom" FAC 1686 completes successfully

Since its foundation, the Air Maintenance Command (CAMAN) has been recognized in the Colombian Air Force as the cradle of aeronautical logistics, with distinctive capabilities in the manufacture of parts and in the major maintenance of aircraft. On this occasion, thanks to the tireless work on the part of the military and civilian personnel of the Unit, an inspection of more than 2,000 hours was carried out on the AC-47 “Fantasma” aircraft with registration FAC 1686.

This logistical challenge that was in charge of a group of people, who contributed their experience, expertise and training; It was carried out in accordance with the airworthiness directives, where the entire aircraft was dismantled, in-depth verification of its structure, the state of corrosion, landing gear, engines, hydraulic system, communications and navigation, among others. . It should be noted that, among the improvements made to this powerful and effective combat aircraft, the modernization of the instrument panel stands out, with a navigation system that improves flight performance. Additionally, the emergency exits were modified, with the aim of increasing the safety of the crew at the time of an evacuation. This is how, for 24 hours, seven days a week, this group of men and women made up of officers, NCOs and civilians, successfully completed this work by delivering to the country, an aircraft supported by state-of-the-art technology, weapons and avionics, making it a valuable combat tool and with the best quality standards for the fulfillment of the institutional mission.

In this way, its Colombian Air Force, through the Air Maintenance Command, will continue to work hard in the enlistment and maintenance of the aircraft, to strengthen the image and legitimacy at the national and international level.

That's interesting story about the AC-47 of the Columbian AF. Can you guys provide pictures of all the improvements? The instrument panel rebuild, the door enlargement, those doors were always small on those things, and the engines which are much improved I see. Basically any updates you guys did would be great to see!! Thanks mate.....

That's interesting story about the AC-47 of the Columbian AF. Can you guys provide pictures of all the improvements? The instrument panel rebuild, the door enlargement, those doors were always small on those things, and the engines which are much improved I see. Basically any updates you guys did would be great to see!! Thanks mate.....

First things first mate, its "Colombia" not Columbia, so its "Colombian Air Force", just for the record.

And no I dont have any more info or pictures from the upgrades and improvements. The "Colombian Air Force" is very jelous about all the releated and sensitive information about this Aircraft, more if it is pictures. Honestly a rarelly have seen pictures of the interior, cockpit and FLIR Camera monitors.

This is like the AC-47 Spooky who flight in Vietnam but in steroids. The Colonbian Air Force use thsi aircraft against ilegal gropus and they really hate it. I will try to find in my files if I have some pictures.

Ok, thanks for embarrassing me there mate, hands type faster than I think this late..... What goes around comes around, while we're at it check your spelling: "thsi aircraft against ilegal gropus"

Ok, thanks for embarrassing me there mate, hands type faster than I think this late..... What goes around comes around, while we're at it check your spelling: "thsi aircraft against ilegal gropus"

Ok ok I accept my mistake, that’s how things work in a good way, I don’t feel embarrassed by that, by the way thanks for let me know. Event that I will try to find out for your pictures of the Colombian Air Force AC-47 “Fantasma”

........Okay, far enough. I actually should have known and diligently checked my ramblings for a "nation" mistake like that.

NICE pics for the AC-47.....that's interesting a turbo-prop C-47!! What a great life extension for that historical plane!
Thanks for sharing......

Honestly I dont see how long does the Colombian Air Force can extend the native AC-47 Fantasma program.
Any way there is another proyect in hands, the CASA 235 Gunship, but I dont know if they have the resources and the budget to apply for it

CASA-295-jordan-ac235-weapons-atk-55478.jpg

CASA-295-jordan-ac235-weapons-atk-55479.jpg

CASA-295-jordan-ac235-weapons-atk-554791.jpg

CASA-295-jordan-ac235-weapons-atk-554792.jpg