12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG

Great Photo of the Alvis Shielder

14-jpg.124188

The Shielder minelaying system was used by the British Army to quickly create anti-tank barriers. The system was based on the American Alliant Techsystems Volcano mine system. It was ordered in 1995 and was first deployed in 1999. The system consists of up to 40 dispensers, each containing 6 mines, mounted on the flat bed version of the Alvis Stormer tracked armoured fighting vehicle. The dispensers can launch mines to the sides and rear of the vehicle as it proceeds. Each mine has a programmable life, after which they self-destruct. A dispenser control unit provides fire signals, testing and arming of the self-destruct mechanism.[citation needed]

Twenty-nine Shielder systems were in service with the British Army in 2009.[citation needed] In 2013/14 it was revealed that the system was removed from active service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shielder_minelaying_system

I believe and declare that HMS Queen Elizabeth will have following winds and fair seas!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HMS Queen Elizabeth (R 08) has been underway since late June conducting sea trials.

Queen Elizabeth meets Cunard Lines Queen Elizabeth!

07-08.2017...She's docked in Invergordon this morning. This pic shows her passing Cromarty lighthouse.

Photos credited to @hmsqnlz, @royalnavy,@NavyLookout, @rnrmc, & #QNLZatSea.

and thanks to Paf_82 at skyscrapercity.com for posting these terffic photos!

Last edited:
As posted at Skyscrapercity.com Royal Navy thread...by....Paf_82

....HMS Queen Elizabeth has left Invergordon and sailing under her own steam back out to the North Sea.

DFcNTYfXoAUYNrk.jpg

DFcNUtRXsAA_Dzv.jpg

DFcYe1JXYAAqJRS.jpg

DFcYe1MXYAAL7za.jpg

DFcYe1QW0AA4CFN.jpg

DFcYe1RXcAAGEtG.jpg

Photo credits: @steverobinson1 @Jailender

Great news for the RN!