3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

I was with 1 Med Regt when it had its HQ in Munster. Spending a lot of time in Poland is what comes to mind. Any pictures of Poland???

If you have any photos of your Regiment from Poland (and not only from Poland), I will be happy to see them. And I think maybe it's not just me.

Soldiers assigned to the 2nd Battalion (The Rifles), 38th (Irish) Brigade, British Army, adjusts a multiple integrated laser engagement systems (MILES) on a machine gun at Fort Polk, Louisiana, on Feb. 8, 2108. Soldiers assigned to the British Army are participating in the 25th Infantry Division’s an annual rotation at the Joint Readiness Training Center. (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Armando R. Limon, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division)

U.S. and U.K. coalition partners with Kabul Security Forces train together on an Aerial Reaction Force exercise utilizing British helicopter assets with the Toral Aviation Detachment, British Royal Air Force at Camp Qargha in Kabul, Afghanistan, January 2018, as part of their Quick Reaction Force mission in support of the NATO-led train, advise and assist mission, Operation Resolute Support. Soldiers for the exercise also included those from Alma Company, 2nd Battalion, The Yorkshire Regiment, British Army, and members of the Oklahoma Army National Guard’s Charlie Troop, 1st Squadron, 180th Cavalry Regiment, 45th Infantry Brigade Combat Team. (U.S. Army National Guard photo by Capt. Leanna Litsch)

British Soldiers from the Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment perform maintenance on their Warrior Tracked Armored Vehicle in preparation of Allied Spirit VIII Jan. 19, 2018. Allied Spirit VIII includes approximately 4,100 participants from 10 nations at 7th Army Training Command's Hohenfels Training Area, Jan. 15-Feb. 5, 2018. Allied Spirit is a U.S. Army Europe-directed multinational exercise series designed to develop and enhance NATO and key partner's interoperability and readiness. (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. David Overson)

If you have any photos of your Regiment from Poland (and not only from Poland), I will be happy to see them. And I think maybe it's not just me.

No I do not have any. I just thought someone might have some just to refresh my memory. I remember we used to be based in an old Polish army camp not far from the Drawsko-Pomorskie Training Area. What I recall is that the camp had its own vegetable patch and pens for animals. I assume they were aiming at self suffiicency or trying to augment their diet. I am talking about Ex Prairie Eagle from Oct 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
@bdpopeye

HMS Queen Elizabeth is a beautiful ship and much bigger than Ark Royal, Illustrious and Invincible were. Still nothing like the mighty carriers of the USN.
I believe from what I am hearing over the pond here that we still have no aircraft for them is that still the case ?

Cancel my last question after asking I decided to get off my lazy arse and take a look :rolleyes:

This is what I found

The UK currently has 13 F-35s with more being delivered. The plan, essentially, is to work up both the ship and her aircraft simultaneously to a point where the jets can begin integrating with the carrier. To that end both will require a series of trials to ensure they can function together safely and this complex programme of trials are already underway.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/yes-hms-queen-elizabeth-aircraft/

U.K. & U.S. soldiers assigned to Light Dragoons, Balaklava Troop move vehicles to staging area in preparation of Exercise Puma, an exercise to test interoperability among the battle group and its higher headquarters, the Polish 15th Mechanized Brigade, at Bemowo Piskie Training Area, Poland, on Feb. 19, 2018. Battle Group Poland is a unique, multinational battle group, comprised of U.S., U.K., Croatian and Romanian soldiers who serve with the Polish 15th Mechanized Brigade as a deterrence force in northeast Poland in support of NATO’s Enhanced Forward Presence. (U.S. Army photo by Capt. Gary Loten-Beckford/ 22nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment)