Quote/Poem Anxiety

MarineMG03

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
This feeling...Strange.....
Like the hot hot wind blast from that desert sun.
Questioning....Will I miss this?
Completing the circle....Pushing forward but pushing back....More scared to see what I
have waiting back.....Change surrounds me....Didn`t know time can move so fast...but stood so still where i was at....others moved on....but i just got back...the past...Never seemed so lost ....my two worlds collied...Never wanting to come back....may be I was having to much fun at that....No, it all just felt in place...solving problems by kicking in doors...yelling ..US MARINES, bet you they will answer to that....Im told this war is over....Nope mine just began.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this poem from personal experience mate ?

Thanks for sharing, it spoke to me for sure.

Bob out sal; (Y)(Y)

Thanks guys, just trying to push past some pains that i have...this is the only way I know how to get past it.
Thanks again Brothers

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your thread. First, I assume you are a combat vet from either Iraq or Afghanistan, USMC heritage. Your profile doesn't say. If you are then the following is meant for you.
I tend to take myself away from these sites occasionally because it is so easy to return to those places that we both hate and love, places we can never forget, yet places that haunt us with nightmares no matter how hard we try to forget. A little bit of information given and memories shared is needed but there is such a fine line between too little and too much. Many times I begin as nothing more than a shared interest in a subject but before long, it always becomes personal and slowly the demons come out and before long, instead of honoring someone else, I find myself back at No Name Island or Go Noi Island, in 1969, remembering and living or reliving more accurately those incidents that reveal both the good and the bad of war. So I guess what I'm saying is that what you seem to be saying in your poem is something that many of us from other wars can identify with and I hope you are able to come to grips with the past as well as the present. I'm no expert on a solution but I have lived with this since 1968-69 and so for what it's worth... you are not alone and welcome home Marine.
Semper Fi

Back