Photos Trumpeter Hawker Sea Fury 1/48

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Hi Guys,

Hope all is well, I recently started this kit a gift to me by a very good friend. Almost a year passed I didn't do anything to it. However, this lockdown has given me ample time to do what I love to do, building models
:)
The kit has five parts three sprues, one clear part, and one decals sheet, the building was smooth. I use Vallejo and Tamiya for painting as I didn't have an exact color so it was a bit of eyeballing it. The stripe at first I tried to use decals, however, when I applied I realized the decals were too thin and bottom paint became very visible so I masked and painted the stripe, and painted white circle for roundels as well. The decals register well and were quite happy, The kit gives you the option to have folded and fixed-wing but I like both positions so I did half half of it
:)
. Weathering was done using simple acrylic and exhaust by highly diluted brown with a pinch of black after the first brown got dried. So without further ado here are the pictures, thank you for looking Cheers

Great work Tom. How did you find working with the larger scale?
Thanks, Boss. It is a treat for the eyes for sure, even while building it is bigger but the problem is the space and I don't have much space hehe but once in a while I like to build especially ww2 aircraft in 72 scales too small.

Exceptional ...... I have 3 models i've had for years but still haven't got round to making them ..

Back