Rant This has got to stop

danny/vethope

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
I am a disabled veteran from the desert storm era, and I have had so many problems with the VA that its not even funny. I am in the process of starting a non-profit organization to help all the veterans out there who feel abandond by the system. Please visit http://www.veteranshope.org and do the questionare, so I will know how to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Danny and welcome to the site. As a British ex soldier I will not be partaking in your site, but I wish you all the best and I will visit the site from time to time just to see how you are doing. I will also let other sites that I visit know of your existence. It's a great site and soon you will have many menders and lots of photos and comments on your forums.

Silky

I've just posted your website on yuwie.com on the Military Spouses Message Board. I'm sure the wives will get the message across.

Silky

Great work Danny. Like John i am an ex British soldier and as such doubt I will have much to contribute, but it is a great thing you are doing and i wish you all the best with your venture.
Starting and running a web site can be at times demoralising, when visitors come slowly and in frequently you some times wonder if your efforts are worthwhile. They are and you should stick with it.

Regards
Bombardier

Silky thats great support you have given to Danny, thank you (Y)

solthumsolthum Sure is a shame that you a disabled vet has to go to these lenghts to get what the cheapass government should be looking out for. I sure wish you success in your venture. It seems the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. The Vet Orgs on both sides of our borders seem to forget their job is to look after the Vets not screw them over every chance they get. I have a few bones to pick with our VA as well.

Cheers, Bob sal;

Thank You All

I would like to thank all of you who have read my post and visited the Veteran's Hope site. Please visit often. I feel blessed to have others out there who care.

Danny, I went to your web site and it is a great idea and I hope it is successful. I'm a Vietnam, Gulf War & Provide Comfort Vet and when I moved to Texas, they had me go through the Agaent Orange & Gulf War Syndrome exams.

There must have been a few dozen tests we had to take. At the time I was 50% VA from injuries/illnesses, but none were from the Gulf. When my results came back I had 11 symptons from the Gulf War exam and they said all of them were related to me having PTSD.

What a bunch of BS. I finally winded up getting 100%, losing all my retirement pay then getting 100% Social Security and then when Bush cut the law for CRSC (the first one in Jun 2003) I applied for that and almost 18 months later I was awarded 100% Combat Related Stress Compensation (CRSC) which I took tax free with no surviour benefits, however it was just about equal to what I should of been getting for my retirement.

And not one thing was related to anything in the Gulf. I now have Chronic Obstrutive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) which the VA diagnosed in 2000 & I was not aware of it till 2004. It is a terminal disease, however they failed to tell me. I went full tilt bozo in the ER at the VA and they called security, I hid in the latrine until they ran by and walked out & have never returned since then.

I have the Soc Sec which pays 80% and Tri-care prime Free for life which pays the other 20%, since I'm A & B on Soc Sec. I spent almost 8 weeks from day one in Kuwait with a Spec Ops team, finding & marking weapons/equipment for EOD to come in and clear it. Some days the smoke from the oil well fires was so thick that at 1000 in the morning you had to drive with your headlights on and could only do about 20 mph.

We were told "The Contaminated smoke is not dangerous to us". I know several guys who have lung problems and they can't get S--t from the VA for anything from the Gulf War. A very tragic mistake on their part since I was alot older then the majority of the troops, I would not be surprised that within the next 10-15 years anyone who spent time in the areas I was in will have Lung problems. Similar to the old asbestos syndrome!!

Good luck on a great endeavor.

"SALSA"

Danny

Danny, I went to your web site and it is a great idea and I hope it is successful. I'm a Vietnam, Gulf War & Provide Comfort Vet and when I moved to Texas, they had me go through the Agaent Orange & Gulf War Syndrome exams.

There must have been a few dozen tests we had to take. At the time I was 50% VA from injuries/illnesses, but none were from the Gulf. When my results came back I had 11 symptons from the Gulf War exam and they said all of them were related to me having PTSD.

What a bunch of BS. I finally winded up getting 100%, losing all my retirement pay then getting 100% Social Security and then when Bush cut the law for CRSC (the first one in Jun 2003) I applied for that and almost 18 months later I was awarded 100% Combat Related Stress Compensation (CRSC) which I took tax free with no surviour benefits, however it was just about equal to what I should of been getting for my retirement.

And not one thing was related to anything in the Gulf. I now have Chronic Obstrutive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) which the VA diagnosed in 2000 & I was not aware of it till 2004. It is a terminal disease, however they failed to tell me. I went full tilt bozo in the ER at the VA and they called security, I hid in the latrine until they ran by and walked out & have never returned since then.

I have the Soc Sec which pays 80% and Tri-care prime Free for life which pays the other 20%, since I'm A & B on Soc Sec. I spent almost 8 weeks from day one in Kuwait with a Spec Ops team, finding & marking weapons/equipment for EOD to come in and clear it. Some days the smoke from the oil well fires was so thick that at 1000 in the morning you had to drive with your headlights on and could only do about 20 mph.

We were told "The Contminated smoke is not dangerous to us". I know several guys who have lung problems and they can't get S--t from the VA for anything from the Gulf War. A very tragic mistake on their part since I was alot older then the majority of the troops, I would not be surprised that within the next 10-15 years anyone who spent time in the areas I was in will have Lung problems. Similiar to the old asbestos syndrome!!

Good luck on a great endeavor.

"SALSA"

Hey Brasso,
Thanks for taking the time to check out the site. If you have any suggestions to help please email me at scizmat@yahoo.com

Hey Silky
remember this post. i just visited the site and it only has a landing page stating "Under Construction"
Wonder how danny is doing

It doesn't look like it took off after all, I just visited the site and still "under construction":(

Correct mate, shame he seemed fairly dedicated to producing the site

Back