saiga

Content Mod
MI.Net Member
53f313dd11a9a.jpeg

According to the information I´ve googled about this photography, American soldiers of the 4th Armored Division push a trapped Willys carrying two seriously wounded German soldiers somewhere in Ardèche. The photograph was taken on 26 January, 1945. Swept the picture through tineye, didn´t find out more, only that it often appears in charts like "40 powerful moments of something" etc. Just wanted to share this...

A display of Humanity, soldiers going to so much effort to save people that not so long before were trying to kill them.
Powerful image!

I´ve read a lot stories from Napoleonic wars, and, for example, the Christmas of 1914 happened hundreds of times during that period, when soldiers from both sides were killing each other in one moment, tending to their wounded, exchanging gifts etc. in another, and then went straight back to killing each other again. Insane world.

There are plenty of photographs displaying this kind of behaviour in soldiers, it does not surprise me having been a soldier but for those that think a soldier is nothing more than a killing & uncaring machine, photos like this prove them wrong.

Dont want to hijack your thread with photos from another era but here is one that I like.

humanity002.jpg
German soldiers help a French soldier stuck in mud , Verdun. The First World, 1916.

I´ve read a lot stories from Napoleonic wars, and, for example, the Christmas of 1914 happened hundreds of times during that period, when soldiers from both sides were killing each other in one moment, tending to their wounded, exchanging gifts etc. in another, and then went straight back to killing each other again. Insane world.

The madness of war

What shall we call this thread perhaps 'soldiers of humanity' or 'The Humanity in War'

Think you had a load of quotes stacked up in your multi quote there @BrassMonkey so I have edited them out

Read about this one years ago when I´ve stumbled upon a very nice painting which I couldn´t find now, but there´s a video on youtube about the Bf 109 pilot Franz Stigler and B-17 pilot Charlie Brown's first meeting

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back