Photos Remember These?

Matzos

Mi Lieutenant
MI.Net Member
For all the people who served in NI, do you remember these things?
I borrowed this one from 3 Sqn RAF Regiment for a bet. They nicked it back a day later when they found were we had parked it. RAF Aldergrove is a big place and there are a lot of these rovers parked around and one key fits all...

Lr2.jpg
Lr1.jpg

Yep I remember the macrelon coated Piglet.
If you look at the nearside windscreen you will see a piece of angle iron sticking up past roof level. This was to cut through wires that were placed accross the road. cyc;

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen some in the Balkans painted orange and now they are in the Gulf painted sandy.......

Hey good to hear from you Tosh, you been busy??? ;)

Hi
Yeah, really busy. finished doing up the house and would you believe have now split up with the missus, too much time on tinternet apparently!
At my parents until i find somewhere else so keyboard time is limited.

Fight the good fight mate!

Hey tosh, keep yer chin up buddy its happened to me twice before. bou;
All the best mate, if ya wanna get pissed sometime give us a shout hallucinat

As matzos says one key fits all, but when i joined in 1968 the rovers we had, all had individual wiper motor's and if you removed the ground that connected the wiper motor to the rover frame and touched it to the inspection light socket the engine started?

I think we were using your rovers in '86 DP! The oldest I think dated from 1963!
By the way, is that a panda or a cat getting rid of the "X" on your avatar? Where did you get it from?

it,s a cat looks a lot like our new kitten "spot" he's a Turkish Van cat, the only typo of cat that loves water, so fat hes been in the mop bucket the bath twice and the toilet (someone left the lid up :oops: (he had a loverly blue rinse)) :mrgreen: hes more Like a dog than a cat plays fetch with his toys.

Ps found the image on an other site.

Spot

Hey Droney thats a cool cat dude.
If ya find anymore cool animated gifs especially mil ones, stick em in the forum image gallery will ya buddy :p

Spent 2 weeks in 1972 at Ballykinler putting that stuff on them. :( Fibre glass got everywhere. Grrrrr.

For all the people who served in NI, do you remember these things?
I borrowed this one from 3 Sqn RAF Regiment for a bet. They nicked it back a day later when they found were we had parked it. RAF Aldergrove is a big place and there are a lot of these rovers parked around and one key fits all...

Lr2.jpg

That brings back memories. I drove these things all over NI from 74 - 76.
Later I got an AP one with a key start just like a car!
After turning my old one over at Strabane High Sanger turn just after coming under fire... (On Christmas bloody eve!)