Politics Prince Charles refuses to shake hands with Mike Pence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand out first. Polite protocol more than anything.

What a dick move.

Meh, Charles only talks to the top man....not the fall guy

1579807047112.png

Just out of curiosity, a question for my British friends…

In Germany, refusing a handshake in what they call a "customary context" (e.g. when first introduced to someone) is actually considered a justiciable insult. Do you guys have similar rules up there?
What a dick move.
You mean like when Trump shoved the prime minister of Macedonia out of the way? ;) The trans-atlantic relations have cooled. I'm not surprised that narcissists like the Prince take it upon themselves to snub dignitaries of the respective other side.

Just out of curiosity, a question for my British friends…

In Germany, refusing a handshake in what they call a "customary context" (e.g. when first introduced to someone) is actually considered a justiciable insult. Do you guys have similar rules up there?

You mean like when Trump shoved the prime minister of Macedonia out of the way? ;) The trans-atlantic relations have cooled. I'm not surprised that narcissists like the Prince take it upon themselves to snub dignitaries of the respective other side.

No this is different. This is just being purposely rude.

I can never seem to embed twitter things properly but the VP's press secretary seems to be saying it's a non-issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Except it turns out they'd already met and shook hands about 5 minutes before this footage. So it was't a snub or anything else, just twats looking for the next news outrage.
Thanks for the clarification!

We are saved - stand down the marines, royal and the other lot......

Okay since this is sorted, it’s safe to close this one down. Thanks for reporting the truth; and I won’t blame either the OP for reporting what seemed to be first genuinely snobby or arrogant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back