Other Post Other Forums

Matzos

Mi Lieutenant
MI.Net Member
Over the past year I have joined a number of other military forums on the web and I'm sorry to say that a number of them seem to run by small minded children.
I will not name names, but all you get is one member bashing another, with abusive and insults because they do not like what that person has posted.

I would just like to say thank you to bombardier and all the backroom staff that make this forum stand-out from the rest and may it carry on in the New Year sal; sal; sal;

Your comment is true and this is why I joined the site. There was one site in particular which is regularly bashed by others which had a membership of SAS wannabes and idiots who thought the military consisted of Para reg.
This here is level headed stuff with mutual respect. Long may it continue!
Z

You are so right Matzos ….. I’m a member of many military themed web sites so I speak from experience. I joined most of them a few years back while a combat medic from my old Vietnam unit and me were trying to find men from our old company. Most of these sites have members who are just plain rude to others and especially new people who may ask, what to them, is a stupid question. I see no reason for them to act like this for a great deal of them haven’t done a whole lot themselves in the military and have no room to talk about others. The worst of them being Military.com

MilitaryImages is the only site, out of the many I visit, where the members act civil towards one another all of the time regardless of who they are or what they say. Even the Patriot Files, as great as a site it is, has its moments where things get downright nasty but I must say that occurs for the most part, around election time in the U.S.A. I guess us Yanks can get pretty passionate about our politics.

MilitaryImages has by far the best picture gallery out of them all too. This I feel is partly due to the fact that the membership is very multicultural and because of that simple reason you will find pictures from a host of different countries militaries and practically all of them are top notch as are the MilitaryImages members.

I can’t thank Andy enough for providing this wonderful site.

:rolleyes: gee guys thanks for the praise it really does make it all worth while.
Apart from the moderation which I have to say we do very little of because you are all calm and considerate with each other, this site is made by us all not just me. Call it modest if you like but all I have done is offer a portal where we can get together and show some mutual support for all the worlds military past and present.

Once again thanks for the the kind words but you should all be giving yourselves a pat on the back too sal;

This is THE ONLY military website that I am a member of, or that I post on, because having seen some of the others, it is the only one I felt I wanted to be a part of. That is all down to you guys (you know who you are!) and the adult, sensible and reasoned way that discussions or submissions are presented here. I thank you all and here's to more of the same in 2006 and beyond! sal;

This is great

I've only been a member for a few days, but I'm so impressed by the volume and the quality of this site, that I'm hooked. A massive "WELL DONE" to the guys running this site, and to it's users aswell. It would appear that there are only well behaved folk here, unlike some forums I've seen. Keep it up, up, up dudes! See you tomorrow! (Y)

Quality before quantity

I completely agree with SA-soldier. This site is fantastic. Especially since I realised where everything is located, like the links at the top of the website. (I'm a bit slow...hahaha)

There seems to be an understanding of quality before quantity on here. The moderating is done discreetly and efficiently camo;, which impresses me.

I've only been registered to one other military focussed forum before. Since I registered on here, I realise what a massive difference there is when people are kind and always polite to each other, and genuinely interested in keeping the forum to a high standard. med;

Being a woman I was quite a target on the other forum, but here I actually feel safe. I know that no one will start some argument with me over petty details or because they may not agree with or like me. Thank you all of you! sal;

Thanks Sa-Soldier I really appreciate your positive comments.
Thanks Arcticwolf , trust me when I say, neither you or anybody else will be a target here, we appreciate that people have different levels of knowledge and that we are all here to learn aswell as enjoy a bit of banter. It has always been my goal to make this site a quality place for serving, retired and military enthusiasts to come so quality has to be at the forefront. We have not had to do that much moderating as people do respect each other, however on the oocasions we have, we have taken decisive action.

Comments like these only encouurage me to keep on keeping on, and assure me that one day we will be a strong and useful prescence on the www.

Thanks again

What can I say - it's all been said allready!

Great site, great people, great mix!

Well done Bombardier and the rest of the cyber-community that is MI.net!

solthum solthum solthum solthum solthum

Thanks Bundu-Basher much appreciated solthum

Bill Farnie said:
You are so right Matzos ….. I’m a member of many military themed web sites so I speak from experience. I joined most of them a few years back while a combat medic from my old Vietnam unit and me were trying to find men from our old company. Most of these sites have members who are just plain rude to others and especially new people who may ask, what to them, is a stupid question. I see no reason for them to act like this for a great deal of them haven’t done a whole lot themselves in the military and have no room to talk about others. The worst of them being Military.com

MilitaryImages is the only site, out of the many I visit, where the members act civil towards one another all of the time regardless of who they are or what they say. Even the Patriot Files, as great as a site it is, has its moments where things get downright nasty but I must say that occurs for the most part, around election time in the U.S.A. I guess us Yanks can get pretty passionate about our politics.

MilitaryImages has by far the best picture gallery out of them all too. This I feel is partly due to the fact that the membership is very multicultural and because of that simple reason you will find pictures from a host of different countries militaries and practically all of them are top notch as are the MilitaryImages members.

I can’t thank Andy enough for providing this wonderful site.

Well said! Not much I can add except, "Thanks, Andy, and all those concerned." med; med; med;

Got to agree with all that has been said and a very helpful forum to.

Bob

I'm still a cherry-boy on this site, but I've noticed something. This site feels safe. Don't know if it really is, but it has that feel. A bit like the old History Channel way back around 1999-2000, before the trolls found it. I have to testify that being able to talk with real !! vets helped me come to terms with some crap I'd been carrying around for a long time. Unfortunately, that board went to hell in a handbasket & I di di mau'd from all boards for almost 5 years. I'm putting my toes in the water again but I just don't have time for trolls, flamers and most especially wannabes. Guess I'm getting cranky in my old age.
Anyway, Bombradier, this is a very fine site..on the surface everyone is respectful (or maybe the word is careful) and civil. Thanks for the site!!!laughsol; (Y) (Y) sal;

Hiya, Advisor. Welcome to the site. I think you'll find it not only entertaining but informative as well. If you have any pics of your experiences to post, please do. And you'll find we have pics for you to look over as well. Hope you enjoy your stay.welc.welc.welc.

I just don't have time for trolls, flamers and most especially wannabes

Me neither buddy.
What I will say is this Trolls, Flamers and wannabes beware....I will kick your arse off this site as quick as you came, I dont want time wasters,only people that care about the Tommy, Gi or whatever your country calls them. We soldiers are all alike and should use this new technilogy to bond and discuss the way we feel about things in a safe and easy enviroment.

Semper Fi
Ubique
Per mare Per Terram
And all others............. solthum sal;

This site is absolutely in my list of top 1 (camo; ) military sites and this includes my own website! Everything is moderated quietly and quickly. Everyone is treated fairly and can have their say. Photo gallery is impressive and everything is working good. Mostly the feeling I get while in MI.net, is that I'm welcome to be in here. You're doing great job Andy! sal;

Ive not been online much lately due to work commitments, but thanks for the kind words. (Y)
It makes it all worthwhile.

Andy, I do want to apologize. I am retired from the military now so I won't have much to contribute in the way of photos except what my friends still in contribute, but rest assured that I am still a rabid fan of this site that you have worked so hard on.pipes; pipes; pipes; med;

Thanks Eagle, its always good to see you online mate :D

Last edited:
I'm gonna try to be on as much as I can and as my buddies get me the pics to post, I will post them with the proper credits to them and their outfits.

Back