Intro New To Group

Yvonne Fenter

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
Hello Everyone ...
My name is Yvonne Fenter, and if you've ever used the Imperial War Museum's permanent digital memorial system Lives of the First World War, then it's highly likely that you will have stumbled across me!
I'm an Imperial War Museum volunteer working on the Lives of the First World War project as one of a small group of people who add missing Life Stories, correct data, merge duplicate records, and generally try to be helpful and encourage people to add information to "Lives".
I confess to being pretty addicted to the Lives system ... I am actively Remembering over 12,000 people in over 400 Communities.
My specific interests include Sussex, Barclay's Bank staff, cricketers, women, and all sorts of other random groups that take my interest! By adding people to Communities on Lives, I hope to make it easier for researchers to find the people they're looking for. You can see more about my interests at https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/profile/27542 .
From a somewhat dodgy start, the Lives project is now thriving, and there is some amazing stuff to be found on the system. So if you were disillusioned with it in it's early days, please give it another try!
I've joined this group so that I can try to persuade some of you to add the odd image to Lives, but I'm also keen to help if any of you have any specific queries about the Lives of the First World War project, or if you just have any general queries I can help with. Having been a genealogist for longer than I care to remember, and with the expertise I've built up while working on the Lives project, I know all sorts of obscure stuff that I can hopefully contribute to the group. And I am also always buying WW1 photos etc., so you can expect to se me uploading some of those too!

Wow that is some pedigree @Yvonne Fenter thanks for joining us and for your brilliant first posts.

Our member @28th61st does a lot of work here uploading war graves and memorials, including lots of information about them, I am sure he will be happy to see your posts too.

Back