Intro Hello From The Wilds Of Nebr!

NebrHogger

Mi General
MI.Net Member
United-States
I enjoy military pics & found this site by chance. My bio pretty well tells the story - retired railroader - Viet Nam vet with 2 tours in northern I Corps (68-69&70) - author & co-author of 5 non-fiction military related books. Currently working on the 2nd volume of my 1st book "Italy's Battle Rifle" which is tentatively due out in 6 months or so.

Collector of Italian arms & militaria. I have travelled to Belgium a couple of times & have visited historical places like Ypres & Liege with my friends there. Am currently saving up for trip #3 which hopefully will include Verdun/Ft Douamont.

Dad was on the Nevada at Pearl Harbor & like many vets never said much of what happened Dec 7. He also served on the Corregidor & Bowie.

I look forward to more vintage Italian military pics! Steve

welcome mate, thats some pedigree you have there.
Look forward to conversing some more with you soon. Thanks for joining us here at MI.Net

I assume Nebr refers to Nebraska? , just had a look online looks like a beautiful place :D

Yes. I live in the very western part - within sight of Wyoming. There's a little farming locally, but it's mostly prairie.

Comrade Publisher wanted a fresh pic for my bio in the book we just finished. It was pretty fresh outside when I had wifey snap this. ;) I'll post it here, too. And! I scoop sidewalks and driveways! Not cheap, but I do a good job! :p:D

bio 002 (1024x606).jpg

NebrHogger..I salute both you and your dad. Thank you so much for your service to our nation....and WELCOME to MI.net!!