Gulf war sindrom

Viking69

RSM (WO1)
MI.Net Member
Gulf war syndrome

As you all may or may not know I'm trying to buy a house and I'm having to have blood tests every other day it seems.
I have just had other yesterday this is all for my life insurance as on the form I said That I had a high blood pressure.
What is this to do with the Gulf and Gulf war sindrom you ask.
Well I have just got back from the Doc's He called from me to see him as there is a little problem with my liver, (and it's not coursed by drink)
It seems that may be the drugs they gave us in 1991 have given my liver a kicking and how I have to go for more tests
so if anyone has any info about Gulf war sindrom and site that have info could you pass it on to me please thanks
viki; vik,

Last edited by a moderator:
fao:bombardier

hi, ive just joined this site as im looking into things that went on during the gulf war for a friend of mine.
i dont know if i should post details of the problem on here or if you would rather contact me direct.
i can tell you he was a desert rat 4th armoured and was in the first 500 deployed to the gulf war.
had the naps, all the injections, lack of proper equipment.....
just not to sure who to turn to or which avenue's to go down etc. but really do need some help and advice.
we are in the north east of england and were thinking of going to the gulf war veterans society up here as that is where the head office is based? just stumbling in the dark at the minute though.salute;

Hi Shebangs72,

Sorry to read about your friends problem. You will get some help later as the site wakes up. In the mean time have a read through the site and welcome.

Drop a line on the Introduce Yourself section.

Please take no notice of the comments made by Bombardier to Viking. They were just funning around and those comments are over two years old.

Silky

Hi Shebangs72

Firstly let me apologise for my earlier (deleted rantings) to Viking, they were not appropriate and as Silky says are two years old now.

I was also a 4th Armd Brigade desert rat during Gulf 1 and I also had all the Naps and injections. I dont appear to be having any major problems at the moment, apart from feeling very tired quite early in the day and suffer from acute eye strain on a regular basis.

If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

By the way, as long as the ID of your friend is kep annon you could post his symptoms here. camo;

Here is the packaging from one of my NAPS tablet kits

Last edited:
I am going to see my doctor today after years of not sleeping for more than 3 hours at a time, I have had enough, I was the 2nd 4X soldier to arrive in Saudi during the first gulf war and was one of the last to leave being part of 4X HQ.

I don’t know if gulf war syndrome exists and have been reluctant to admit it, but something is not right.

I believe the Army would not let us down with all the jabs and pills we popped, but want to put my mind at ease.

I know war can be disturbing but everyone who really knows me said I changed when I came home; I can not see it and think that if we did not change in some way we would not be human. Before the war I was a driven soldier ready for anything anyone wanted to throw at me on reflection on coming home and in later life I have become very lethargic to the point of lazy, nothing bothers me but when I do get to a certain point I blow up without warning.

Two marriages behind me I am determined to make this one work, but I will have to admit there is something wrong with me.

Back