Advertiser
United-Kingdom
Did you know that you can embed media from
The lots of web sites

Here is how

media 1.jpg

media 2.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good help thanks, I need to start looking at the Site help section a bit more :)

Dont forget guys you can embed media from more than Youtube :)

Just a little tutorial for those who may have difficulty embedding Facebook videos and in particular FB photos

Before I start remember there is no point in attempting to embed from facebook if the vid or pic is in a closed or private group or account

Videos

They are straight forward just use the entire url as shown

fb 2.jpg

Photos

Slightly different because of facebook settings so you need to remove a small piece of the url as shown (only use the highlighted section removing the rest :)

fb 1.jpg

So this is the code
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/WDWNewsToday/photos/a.441846857712/10156829327717713/

and this is what is produced (as you would expect

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Morning all - have tried to embed some twitter videos but am having trouble getting it working, not quite sure where I'm going wrong.

I've used the insert media button and then inserted the following URL -

Code:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1174718300317728768

And the embed funtion then makes it look like this -

Code:
[MEDIA=twitter]1174718300317728768[/MEDIA]

And the result is as below - no video, just the link with the twitter logo next to it?

Thanks for any advice.

Morning all - have tried to embed some twitter videos but am having trouble getting it working, not quite sure where I'm going wrong.

I've used the insert media button and then inserted the following URL -

Code:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1174718300317728768

And the embed funtion then makes it look like this -

Code:
[MEDIA=twitter]1174718300317728768[/MEDIA]

And the result is as below - no video, just the link with the twitter logo next to it?

Thanks for any advice.
I've had the same issue mate however I found that if you post the thread as per normal then "edit" and put the link in again as normal the link comes up fine. So basically you have the post the reply and then edit it and post again and "hey presto" it's all good.

^^ Thanks, I'll try that next time.

Oddly enough, I made the post above on my laptop and then later on checked for replies from my phone. Whilst viewing on my phone, I can see the video is embedded. Whilst viewing from my laptop it's not there. This is using Chrome on both systems.

The platform Xenforo whilst definitely better than the obsolete vBulletin makes it hard to figure out how to embed any link/video from Twitter despite my experience with it.

Reading and posting ATM from a smartphone using Safari, and using the efficient Adblocker makes it even impossible for me to use Twitter at all (Would rather browse the Internet ad-free than using Twitter). I can’t be of any help now but Bombardier could?

I even tried to look up various YouTube tutorials to do this and get back to you/edit your post and link above (then preview it) without much success...
Only an assumption but like vBulletin there are different and variants “upgrades” of Xenforo so maybe it’s just not supported here?

Twitter link

^^ Thanks, I'll try that next time.

Oddly enough, I made the post above on my laptop and then later on checked for replies from my phone. Whilst viewing on my phone, I can see the video is embedded. Whilst viewing from my laptop it's not there. This is using Chrome on both systems.
I know I mentioned this years ago but because I'm such a computer illiterate I've only just figured it out. My antivirus software (Bitdefender) installed a Chrome extension called "Bitdefender anti-tracker". I've just added this website to the extensions whitelist and I can now (Nearly two years later) finally see embedded tweets.

It’s quite fine to be a Luddite. I’m not even sure how I managed Mod status here. It’s definitely not my tech skills, more like my kindness and impartiality.

Back