1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Photos Captured Flags - All Conflicts

Discussion in 'Military photos' started by Xcalibur, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:51 PM.

1. Xcalibur United Kingdom

Xcalibur Private MI.Net Member

Its always been a big thing for the military to take photos of the enemies flags captured in all conflicts.
    I find them really interesting and the amount of the interweb is astonishing.
    I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread here to collate as many as we can find.

Here are the first ten and many more will follow I am sure :)

180withflag (Small).jpg A British flag captured in Eastern Africa, 1940.gif American soldiers holding captured Japanese flag on Guadalcanal.jpeg Captured_Japanese_flag_on_Iwo_Jima.jpg captured_japanese_flags.jpg g464023.jpg German soldiers display a captured Russian flag.jpg Sikh soldier of the 11th Sikh Regiment with a captured Nazi flag in Italy.jpg Soldiers of the SS Division Das Reich captured Soviet flag.jpg tumblr_lvbngxP4BL1qgxmc6o1_500 (Small).jpg

Bombardier likes this.
  2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

The British flag you posted was captured by the Germans in Eastern Africa, 1940

3. Bombardier

Go on here are a few I found
    000019c4_medium (Small).jpeg American Rangers with captured Nazi flag.jpg battle.bulge20.jpg captured-nazi-flag.jpg Crew of the MGB Flotilla with a captured Nazi ensign.jpg cristy_flag (Small).jpg

4. Pretorian United Kingdom

Pretorian Sergeant MI.Net Member

Soldiers of the 1st Infantry Division (South Africa) display a trophy following engagement with Italian forces, Italian East Africa, 1941

Soldiers of the 1st Infantry Division captured italian flag East Africa, 1941.jpg

Bombardier likes this.
  5. Bombardier

Russian soldiers with Captured Japanese flags
    [​IMG]