Mil News Britain Ranked As 2nd Most Powerful Country In World

Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
Researchers at European Geostrategy broke global powers down into four categories: Super Power, Global Power, Regional Power and Local Power.

The United States took the top slot as the world’s super power, while Britain took the only Global Power slot, bringing her in second behind America.

super power league.jpg

Read More......................
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/study-finds-uk-is-second-most-powerful-country-in-the-world/

I am surprised to see Russia at number 5 ?

This is pretty much bullshit - do you think China is weaker than France or UK? It can alone defeat all France,Italy,Spain and Germany single-handedly.

Kira.

Thought so myself however I have no intel to suggest the research is incorrect.

Perhaps the person/person that made that list have some sort of bias against China. I would rate China as #2. No question.

Yes that would make sense to me too and Russia should be higher me thinks.

Given the budget cuts to the British Military I cannot believe it to be true

I think these guys are dreaming of the days of yore, of "Rule Britannia" perhaps? IMHO the UK no longer has the reach to be called a "Global Power" and would rank at about the level of France with China definitely in #2 followed by Russia.

To have Australia & Canada above India seems strange to me also and certainly Japan, which is constitutionally bound to a non aggression, non expeditionary role should be a LOT further down the list.

I think the guys at European Geostrategy had something in their tea when they made up this list.